Game Will Not Play From Game Menu

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

melegor

Game Will Not Play From Game Menu

Post by melegor »

I can access the manual, tutorial, and update function but "Play the Game' gives me an "application failed" message immediately. Happens with v1.00, 1.02, and now 1.03. I have uninstalled and reinstalled three times, the third time with a fresh download copy. All my drivers are up to date. No difference with antivirus on or off. My machine exceeds all the recommended hardware. I have never, in last 1 1/2 years had this issue with a computer game. I am a Matrix addict and own many, many games. No issues running those and I am running Pandora, released about the same time, without problems. I have waited years for this game and have watched hours of tutorials. It is so close...... I have sent a ticket to the help desk and sent some requested info but I have not heard back further.
Thanking you in advance for any help you can give.
Marvin Pontiac

RE: Game Will Not Play From Game Menu

Post by Marvin Pontiac »

You probably already tried/aware but have you tried running MWIF.EXE as administrator? Right-click MWIF.EXE and the 'Run as Administrator'.
melegor

Post by melegor »

Great idea, but unfortunately it didn't work. Your reply is much appreciated though
Marvin Pontiac

Post by Marvin Pontiac »

That's too bad...frustrating. Hope you get sorted soon.
melegor

Post by melegor »

OK, problem solved with assistance from the helpdesk. I have a 3 monitor setup. Turns out if I switch to one or two monitors the game will start. Once the game starts I can go back to 3 monitors and the game runs normally. Go figure. The helpdesk sure was prompt and persistence. Now for the game....
AxelNL

Post by AxelNL »

ORIGINAL: melegor

OK, problem solved with assistance from the helpdesk. I have a 3 monitor setup. Turns out if I switch to one or two monitors the game will start. Once the game starts I can go back to 3 monitors and the game runs normally. Go figure. The helpdesk sure was prompt and persistence. Now for the game....

Thanks for giving back the solution! There are some other problems reported with 3 monitors, look out for forms not appearing. If so try to have the main form on the primary monitor, I believe.

Return to “Tech Support”