Manuals arrived; 'love 'm

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Marvin Pontiac

Manuals arrived; 'love 'm

Post by Marvin Pontiac »

Manuals came, I must say I really love having these hard copies. And such great quality too. I hope you (matrix) do well with this sales-wise. Just as a matter of interest have you (matrix) ever considered offering printed versions of manuals via print on demand? For example for the Aegod games (Alea Jacta Est, Civil War, etc.)

What I really am starting to love about this game is that the mechanics are all completely visible to the player; unlike with a game that was designed especially for the computer (for example (not a put-down of the game) 'Alea Jacta Est', a lot of mechanics happen in-code none visible/knowable to the player. Also I feel that for games like that; because some aspects are suppose to be 'hidden' the documentation is often lacking around aspects that should not be 'hidden'. With a board game there is less room there; you can't play a board game without every mechanic being explicitly documented.

Marv
warspite1

RE: Manuals arrived; 'love 'm

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Marvin Pontiac

Manuals came, I must say I really love having these hard copies. And such great quality too. I hope you (matrix) do well with this sales-wise. Just as a matter of interest have you (matrix) ever considered offering printed versions of manuals via print on demand? For example for the Aegod games (Alea Jacta Est, Civil War, etc.)

What I really am starting to love about this game is that the mechanics are all completely visible to the player; unlike with a game that was designed especially for the computer (for example (not a put-down of the game) 'Alea Jacta Est', a lot of mechanics happen in-code none visible/knowable to the player. Also I feel that for games like that; because some aspects are suppose to be 'hidden' the documentation is often lacking around aspects that should not be 'hidden'. With a board game there is less room there; you can't play a board game without every mechanic being explicitly documented.

Marv
warspite1

That is a very good point. This game has combat tables that you can see and decide - based on the odds - what is can or is likely to happen. It doesn't stop the moaning when you throw rubbish dice of course [;)], but it at least makes things less of a black art.
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
bo

Post by bo »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Marv
warspite1

That is a very good point. This game has combat tables that you can see and decide - based on the odds - what is can or is likely to happen. It doesn't stop the moaning when you throw rubbish dice of course [;)], but it at least makes things less of a black art.

Rubbish dice? Hey warspite every beta tester knows you use loaded dice [:(] so that your beloveded BB Warspite will never go down to a watery grave. [:-]

Bo
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: bo

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Marv
warspite1

Rubbish dice? Hey warspite every beta tester knows you use loaded dice [:(] so that your beloveded BB Warspite will never go down to a watery grave. [:-]

Bo
warspite1

I can assure you bo that no loaded dice are required. the Grand Old Lady is unsinkable - and unlike the Titanic, this time it's true [;)]
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815

Return to “World in Flames”