US SBD-3 showing up as Vichy unit

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Hokum

US SBD-3 showing up as Vichy unit

Post by Hokum »

Hi,
When setting up Vichy France in sep/oct 1940, we had the bad surprise of having a US SBD-3 CVP showing up in the units supposed to be set-up in Vichy France. Of course, being a US unit, the game won't let us set it up in Vichy France. The game is therefore stuck.

Are there any debug commands to manually delete a unit?
(actually, any debug mode allowing us to move a unit by hand would be greatly appreciated).
Shannon V. OKeets

RE: US SBD-3 showing up as Vichy unit

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: Hokum

Hi,
When setting up Vichy France in sep/oct 1940, we had the bad surprise of having a US SBD-3 CVP showing up in the units supposed to be set-up in Vichy France. Of course, being a US unit, the game won't let us set it up in Vichy France. The game is therefore stuck.

(actually, any debug mode allowing us to move a unit by hand would be greatly appreciated).
I'm really reluctant to make the Debug tools available to customers. They are fragile little things and can cause all kinds of problems both immediately and in the distant future. Nor is there any documentation on them.

If you can send us a saved game of this, that would be greatly appreciated: MadExcept@MatrixGames.com[&o]
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
tdpyle

Post by tdpyle »

Truer words were never written. I had (actually still have) Chris Marinacci's final debug version of ADG's computer WIF along with all supporting stuff. By monkeying with the debug capability of the program, I was able to get myself in a world of hurt playing the game solitare with many freezes and crashes. It actually played pretty well with the non-debug version put out by ADG after Matrix took over the effort.
ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

ORIGINAL: Hokum

Hi,

I'm really reluctant to make the Debug tools available to customers. They are fragile little things and can cause all kinds of problems both immediately and in the distant future. Nor is there any documentation on them.

If you can send us a saved game of this, that would be greatly appreciated: MadExcept@MatrixGames.com[&o]
Hokum

Post by Hokum »

Sorry, unfortunately I lost the save file.
If it helps, we found out it was the CVP loaded on the Wasp at Pensacola, not just a random counter.
Loading an earlier save and rebasing the CVP to New Orleans fixed the problem (but cost Germany Yugoslavia, so we decided to start over).

Return to “Tech Support”