CP splitting

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Dabrion

CP splitting

Post by Dabrion »

Splitting CP stacks in the setup tray leads to an index error. The new counter seems to be inserted into the list model correctly. New stack appears. String below the newly inserted counter is not found (index error in some string list).

In general, producing any errors that break the setup tray (disappears after an error message) leads to an invalid game state (cannot proceed in the game sequence) and an invalid savegame (loads with an unrecoverable error). Very frustrating after 30m of tuning CW production ;/
"If we come to a minefield, our infantry attacks exactly as it were not there." ~ Georgy Zhukov
Shannon V. OKeets

RE: CP splitting

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: Dabrion

Splitting CP stacks in the setup tray leads to an index error. The new counter seems to be inserted into the list model correctly. New stack appears. String below the newly inserted counter is not found (index error in some string list).

In general, producing any errors that break the setup tray (disappears after an error message) leads to an invalid game state (cannot proceed in the game sequence) and an invalid savegame (loads with an unrecoverable error). Very frustrating after 30m of tuning CW production ;/
I just tried this using the Commonwealth convoy points for Global War. Everything worked okay. I tried splitting large units, small units, and reduced the number of units to just 1 in the setup tray to see if that made any difference. I couldn't make the program fail.

If you can reproduce this problem, please let me know how.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

Return to “Tech Support”