Hell On Earth - Day 2

Post reports of your great victories and disastrous defeats here to share with other gamers.

Moderators: Arjuna, Panther Paul

Perturabo

Hell On Earth - Day 2

Post by Perturabo »

Second day of the battle has begun.

At 03:17 contact was made with enemy forces on my shore.

It happened west of village of Lieler. After a short firefight one of my inf coys has retreated.
Soon, enemy forces moving west on the road through Lieler found themselves under heavy bombardment.

At 4:40 another enemy coy was spotted after crossing the bridge north of Ouren.

At sunrise it turned out that there are enemy units moving through Sevenig and there are many who are on track from Sevenig to Ouren.
The concentration near Sevenig and a part of the track from Sevenig to Ouren were put under artillery fire.

A division was ordered to counter-attack against enemy forces crossing river between Oberhausen and Welchenhausen. I wanted to destroy them before they'll manage to concentrate on my side of the river.

For some weird reason this regiment wanted to move to the other side of the map. I ordered it to attack through Lieler to prevent concentration of enemy forces on my side of the river.

Two 155mm howitzer battalions left behind by one of the corps artillery regiments
became a target of a short enemy bombardment.
Meanwhile, enemy units near Sevenig seem to be decimated.

Sevenig and road from Leidenoom to Lutzkampen crossing fortification lines become
a target of constant artillery fire just as yesterday.

Two enemy battalions are discovered on my side of the river - on the northern part of the map near Lascheid.

Around 9:45, it is discovered that the three divisions of the forward corps were ordered by the corps commander to change places on the map with southern and northern division switching positions.
The divisions are detached and ordered to defend the sectors where they are already present.

The southernmost part of the map seems to be relatively free of enemy presence. It suggests an opportunity to flank or encircle units near Sevenig. A coy is sent to investigate.

The suspicion is confirmed. That part of the map is occupied only by a single battalion. A division is sent to attack.

The regiment ordered to attack has failed to do anything. It is reattached to the defending division.

A division is ordered to attack Ouren. The idea is to destroy the forces on my side of the river and fix the rest and expose them to a flanking attack from the south.

At 16:20 one of the army artillery regiments ran out of ammo. It was replaced by a corps artillery regiment in bombarding one of the usual targets of constant bombardment.
For most of the day both corps artillery regiments were firing at opportunity targets.

At 18:00 one of the corps artillery regiments ran out of ammo.

Around 21:00 all corps and army artillery went silent due to lack of ammo.

Only the southern division made some progress into enemy side of the river.

Situation at 22:00. The attacking divisions made much less progress than expected. They seem to take a lot of time to get into attack formation and start attacking.

Situation in the end of the day. At least 4 enemy units were destroyed during the day.

Score for kills:
At the start of the day: 1,0/50,6
At the end of the day: 4,7/50,6

It would suggest that about 4400 enemy soldiers were killed today. I think that the drastically higher amount of kills is coming from the fact that the enemy concentrations were fired at since early morning and that enemy units were closer to my units and were fired at by on-call divisional artillery and mortars and infantry guns.

Return to “After Action Reports”