Bob Flemin's MWIF AARse

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

warspite1

RE: Bob Flemin's MWIF AARse

Post by warspite1 »

Production time again [:)]

Germany:
Naval Construction
Infantry
Armour
Fighter
Pilot

Italy:
Marine

Japan:
Naval Repair
Armour
Pilot
Naval Air

Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

China:
Pilot
Infantry Div

Commonwealth:
Battleship
Carrier
Cruiser
Fighter
Pilot
Mechanised

France:
Infantry
Militia
HQ (Inf)

USA:
Naval repair x 2
Paratroop

USSR:
2 x Infantry
Armour

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

The Germans have two pilots - but there is still a dearth of decent aircraft around. They pilot a Bf110C but pass on the second.....

Land unit wise, those replacements look healthy [:)]

Attachments
Germanyre.jpg
Germanyre.jpg (450.99 KiB) Viewed 31 times

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

The Italians get the Littorio and an Infantry. With Germany now doing well in France, Benito Mussolini is starting to get a little belicose..[8|] (what a schmuck)

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Japan has the same issue as Germany so leaves the pilots on standby. The IJN receive a shiny light cruiser, while a decent white print infantry arrives too. This needs to get over to China where the Japanese have had precisely no joy whatsoever...

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

The Royal Navy get HMS Illustrious [&o] and the cruisers Fiji and Bonaventure.

The French get two Infantry and a motorised corps.

The Commmunist Chinese get a MTN, and Inf and a cavalry Divsison. The Japanese may be in a bit of trouble in the north soon.

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Houses of Parliament, London
7th May 1940

France is seemingly about to fall. In the House of Commons MP's are debating the course of the war (not Norway for the purposes of this game [;)]). Things are not going well for Neville Chamberlain when the Conservative MP Leo Amery takes to the floor:

"Just as our peace-time system is unsuitable for war conditions, so does it tend to breed peace-time statesmen who are not too well fitted for the conduct of war. Facility in debate, ability to state a case, caution in advancing an unpopular view, compromise and procrastination are the natural qualities - I might almost say, virtues - of a political leader in time of peace.

They are fatal qualities in war. Vision, daring, swiftness and consistency of decision are the very essence of victory."

Amery then looked at Chamberlain and quoted from Oliver Cromwell's speech to the Long Parliament 300 years previously: "You have sat too long here for any good you have been doing. Depart, I say, and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go".

Poor Chamberlain was at that time already an ill man, and these terrible words (and the actions of MP's in the coming days) sealed his fate. Winston Churchill became Prime Minister 3 days later.

Neville Chamberlain was dead from cancer before the year was out.

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Meanwhile, in Italy.......

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

......Rome, 26th May 1940

Benito Mussolini talking to Marshals Pietro Badoglio and Italo Balbo over his intention to join the war:

"You are not calm enough to judge the situation Marshal. I can tell you everything will be over by September, and that I only need a few thousand dead to sit at the conference table as a belligerent".

Orm

Post by Orm »

Commonwealth have a combined. They place a Swordfish in the North Sea to keep the BEF supplied, and send TRS toward Canada and South Africa to pick up the land units waiting to come to Europe/North Africa.
Since you play with all options on (and that includes limited overseas supply) then a Swordfish will not keep a sea supply route open. You need a TRS, AMPH or convoy point each sea area that you are going to draw supply through.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Orm
Commonwealth have a combined. They place a Swordfish in the North Sea to keep the BEF supplied, and send TRS toward Canada and South Africa to pick up the land units waiting to come to Europe/North Africa.
Since you play with all options on (and that includes limited overseas supply) then a Swordfish will not keep a sea supply route open. You need a TRS, AMPH or convoy point each sea area that you are going to draw supply through.

warspite1

Okay thanks Orm [:)]

brian brian

Post by brian brian »

though if the Allies happen to have a Convoy Point in the Bay of Biscay, and HQ Gort has a valid rail path to a Biscay port, the HQ would still be in supply.
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

1st Impulse May/Jun 1940

Its fine weather all round and the Luftwaffe head for Paris. A Stuka and a Heinkel He111H are accompanied by a Bf109. The French have nowhere else to go and decide to put the last of their fighter force into the battle. The Germans bring their He112 fighter into support the attack.

Attachments
airbattle.jpg
airbattle.jpg (343.24 KiB) Viewed 31 times

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

At last the L'armee de l'air get a break. A die roll of 17 is a DXPX. The German must lose either the front fighter or bomber and the pilot dies either way.

The Heinkel bomber hits the dirt (on the basis that there is still the 5-quality Stuka to come).

The Germans then roll a 9 - NO RESULT! Oh dear....

Round 2 and the Germans choose to stick around, as do the French.

The French roll a 12 which clears the dive-bomber through to the capital.

The Germans take revenge with an 18. The D510 and its pilot was killed.

With the bomber through, there is no longer a need to prolong the fighting. Both sides abort and the Stuka goes in for the kill. One defender is disorganised - the bomber does its job.

Attachments
airbattke.jpg
airbattke.jpg (347.46 KiB) Viewed 31 times

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

I DON'T BELIEVE IT.... I MISSED THE GERMAN MOVEMENT PHASE... FOR **** SAKE....[:(]

Orm

Post by Orm »

How about restoring the autosave?
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

No - this could easily happen in a human to human game so I'm going to have to learn from it.

The program went to the Indian Partisan (German) and I just absent-mindedly clicked the green button... what a %^&*!!

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Whitney

Hi warspite1! I feel your pain. This happened to me earlier today when I was playing with Hayley. Completely forgot about moving and just hit the button. Its a bummer but you just have to man up and move on..

Chin up babes

Whitney x

Attachments
Clipboard04.jpg
Clipboard04.jpg (73.45 KiB) Viewed 31 times

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

I do a naval with the CW and a land with the French. The Italians will be in the war soon so I need to get the convoy situation in hand. I'm too tired to look at that tonight..

Lascar

Post by Lascar »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Houses of Parliament, London
7th May 1940

France is seemingly about to fall. In the House of Commons MP's are debating the course of the war (not Norway for the purposes of this game [;)]). Things are not going well for Neville Chamberlain when the Conservative MP Leo Amery takes to the floor:

"Just as our peace-time system is unsuitable for war conditions, so does it tend to breed peace-time statesmen who are not too well fitted for the conduct of war. Facility in debate, ability to state a case, caution in advancing an unpopular view, compromise and procrastination are the natural qualities - I might almost say, virtues - of a political leader in time of peace.

They are fatal qualities in war. Vision, daring, swiftness and consistency of decision are the very essence of victory."

Amery then looked at Chamberlain and quoted from Oliver Cromwell's speech to the Long Parliament 300 years previously: "You have sat too long here for any good you have been doing. Depart, I say, and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go".

Poor Chamberlain was at that time already an ill man, and these terrible words (and the actions of MP's in the coming days) sealed his fate. Winston Churchill became Prime Minister 3 days later.

Neville Chamberlain was dead from cancer before the year was out.
Thanks Warspite1 for putting in the effort to provide this AAR. The news reports like the one above are a very nice touch. It's an enjoyable read and I'm learning a lot about the game from your AAR.

Return to “After Action Report”