Mark Targets Hostile, Netrual, Freindly or Unknown

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

edfathead

Mark Targets Hostile, Netrual, Freindly or Unknown

Post by edfathead »

Hi guys. I tried to search for this but could not find anything (it must have been asked before). I know by using F1 I can set a unknown target as Hostile but Is there a way to mark them as Neutral or Friendly? For example this would be handy if I accidently mark Neutral Shipping as hostile & want to set it back. also marking Biologics would be nice on a busy map.
Win 8.1 (64)
i5 @3.5
24gb RAM
GTX 760 2gb
thewood1

RE: Mark Targets Hostile, Netrual, Freindly or Unknown

Post by thewood1 »

Numpad 3 drops a contact and then it will come back as unknown.

This has to be the third or fourth time I answered that just myself. I think it's in the manual as drop contact.
JRyan

Post by JRyan »

I understand but when you mark one hostile, everything on that side becomes hostile I think...that is the problem.
But By Grace Go I.......
edfathead

Post by edfathead »

Thank you so much, I apologies & like I said I Did use the search function multiple times trying to not look like an idiot. Mission Failed. :?/
Win 8.1 (64)
i5 @3.5
24gb RAM
GTX 760 2gb
edfathead

Post by edfathead »

JRyan has a point here. I can understand the side turning hostile if there is a weapons impact but an accidental marking as hostile is abit rough. ;)
ORIGINAL: JRyan

I understand but when you mark one hostile, everything on that side becomes hostile I think...that is the problem.
Win 8.1 (64)
i5 @3.5
24gb RAM
GTX 760 2gb
Russian Heel

Post by Russian Heel »

ORIGINAL: edfathead

Hi guys. I tried to search for this but could not find anything (it must have been asked before). I know by using F1 I can set a unknown target as Hostile but Is there a way to mark them as Neutral or Friendly? For example this would be handy if I accidently mark Neutral Shipping as hostile & want to set it back. also marking Biologics would be nice on a busy map.

Isn't F1 "Auto attack" so not only does it mark it hostile, but it orders your selected unit to auto attack it? 'H' just marks it as hostile and does not order an attack (unless you haven't turned of AI attacking and your ships will waste SAMs at max range)
smudge56

Post by smudge56 »

Yes your right use 'h' to mark as hostile and numpad 3 to drop contact.
AKA - Smudge
sherlock1

Post by sherlock1 »

The nubpad 3 does not unmark a hostile target in the Give um Hell scenario. Would be nice to use the shift h key for that.
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

You are right. I have played multiple scenarios tonight and it is the only one it didn't work in. The contact went away and immediately reappeared as hostile.
smudge56

Post by smudge56 »

mmmm worrying
AKA - Smudge
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

I think it might have something to do with the contact being detected almost immediately. Contacts far away seem to come back neutral. Closer hostile contacts come back hostile.
jdkbph

Post by jdkbph »

This has been requested several time. What we have now is an incomplete solution. We not only need a way to "unmark" units manually marked Hostile, but also to manually mark units as Neutral or Friendly.

For example, I'll constantly scan contacts looking at detected emissions to determine if they're a potential threat. When I decide they are not, I would like a way to manually mark them neutral so I don't have to keep coming back and doing that again and again because I momentarily lost track of which contact is which in a crowded scenario with civilian traffic.

JD
JD
JohnSmith

Post by JohnSmith »

I don't have a numpad on this laptop.
dagvl

Post by dagvl »

ORIGINAL: JohnSmith

I don't have a numpad on this laptop.

You can also use Page Down (which is what numpad 3 maps to when NumLock is off.)

bsq

Post by bsq »

Definitely need the ability to mark units other than just hostile. IRL TDLs have this facility, so why not in a sim that draws heavily on TDLs to produce the picture?

Hostile has a very definite meaning and its not always appropriate to mark something as hostile. Unfriendly (IRL Suspect) would be a useful option to have as well.
Darojax

Post by Darojax »

Any update on this? I came to the forum today specifically looking for an answer to this problem. A function that would allow one to manually designate units belonging to the different sides would be fantastic. Dropping a contact that by mistake has been marked as hostile via a player initiated auto attack for example, this is not a proper solution worthy a 100$ game... surely.

Thanks!
Rodwen67

Post by Rodwen67 »

+1
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

I haven't any games with that option....let alone a $100 game. Did I miss it in Harpoon.
Darojax

Post by Darojax »

You probably did not miss it in Harpoon (no, it does not exist there) because the very situation where you got stuck with a target being set to hostile when it in fact was not never occurs. Harpoon is a simpler game with the benefits that it is easier to control what happens. Command MANO feels a bit unfinished to be quite honest (and unstable, had it crashing), and I for one am not a rich person, so when I buy a game that is extremely expensive compared to other PC games (double the price of brand new superb game Battlefield 4 for example) I expect a superb and well made product. I have to say I expected something more solid!
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

My first 10 years with Harpoon 2/3 it crashed every other time I played it. It still is unstable, depending on size of scenario. And taking inflation into account, the $50 I spent on Harpoon once is probably about even with Command now. And the best part is I have paid for Harpoon 3-4 times now.

btw, Command has rarely crashed on me and when it has, its been fixed been quickly. At least COmmand is being constantly being worked on...as Harpoon is not. You have what you have.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”