Campaign Series 1.05/2.0 UPDATE release schedule.

John Tiller's Campaign Series exemplifies tactical war-gaming at its finest by bringing you the entire collection of TalonSoft's award-winning campaign series. Containing TalonSoft's West Front, East Front, and Rising Sun platoon-level combat series, as well as all of the official add-ons and expansion packs, the Matrix Edition allows players to dictate the events of World War II from the tumultuous beginning to its climatic conclusion. We are working together with original programmer John Tiller to bring you this updated edition.

Moderators: Jason Petho, Peter Fisla, asiaticus, dogovich

Jason Petho

Campaign Series 1.05/2.0 UPDATE release schedule.

Post by Jason Petho »

Good day!

The team has been working diligently on working the 1.05/2.0 UPDATE for the Campaign Series games.

If you've been following the coder/developer diaries, there are lots of changes coming.

While there will not be a huge amount of new content (there will still be lots of new content, but we're saving the new campaigns and a lot of scenarios for the 1.06 UPDATE), there will be incredibly significant GUI upgrades. We're really excited about all the work we've been doing on these.

The next few weeks will be spent finalizing the new goodies and giving the games a thorough combing. We'll release the finalized BETA to Matrix/Slitherine in early February who will build the final 1.05/2.0 UPDATE and release it for February 14th, 2014.

Of course, as with all our UPDATES, it will be free for you to download.

Hope you're as excited as we are!

Take care and good luck
Jason Petho
junk2drive

RE: Campaign Series 1.05/2.0 UPDATE release schedule.

Post by junk2drive »

Thanks for the update. Whatza 2.0?
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

The 1.05 UPDATE is so significant, we are contemplating calling it the 2.0 UPDATE.

Jason PEtho
Big Ivan

Post by Big Ivan »

Great News Jason![:)]

Long awaited I am sure by the CS community.

Thank you!
Cheers!
Big Ivan
Blitz call sign Big Ivan.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

ORIGINAL: Jason Petho

The 1.05 UPDATE is so significant, we are contemplating calling it the 2.0 UPDATE.

Jason PEtho

I would agree. All the UI and Windows changes make it a different game version. And make it worth buying for those that stuck with the Talonsoft version.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
DampSquib

Post by DampSquib »

ORIGINAL: Jason Petho

Of course, as with all our UPDATES, it will be free for you to download.

Hope you're as excited as we are!

Take care and good luck
Jason Petho

Wow with all the work going into it that's very generous.

wings7

Post by wings7 »

Thanks Jason for the update! 2014 will indeed be a banner year for the Campaign Series! [:)]

Patrick
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Thank you for the update, glad to hear that the games are getting a facelift....
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Way back when, there were some things fixed/changed/whatever in EF. It was stated that these "things" would be in WF in the next update and RS would get them after that. Has berto been able to bring all of this together so that all 3 games have the same improvements?
berto

Post by berto »

Yes. After last summer's codebase merge, I can now rebuild all five current games -- EF, WF, RS, ME & VN -- from the very same codebase in less than one hour. Much, much easier now to keep the games in sync.
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... hp?f=10167
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Thanks for verifying what I sorta thought from the diaries. Looking forward to RS even more now. Countdown timer is set.
Matto

Post by Matto »

Sounds great ... thanks for update and diaries
Excuse my English ... I hope is better then Your Czech ... 8-)
My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

Lakeman

Post by Lakeman »

Great News
Hoplite1963

Post by Hoplite1963 »

Great to hear that the update of the Campaign Series engine has made such progress and that the work extends to the two games forming part of the 1st volume of "Modern Wars". Is it yet any clearer when the first volume of "Modern Wars" covering the Middle East and Vietnam will be released?

Many thanks
Ian

BadElvin

Post by BadElvin »

Thank you sir!
Zap

Post by Zap »

I,m very happy about the unveiling and grateful to you Jason and you Berto for your dedication. Yes, your right. Warhorse and the others who are unknown to me but non the less important in this work
berto

Post by berto »

But never forget: It's more than just Jason or me. We're a team of -- what? -- now ten or so members no less dedicated than Jason and I.
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... hp?f=10167
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com
scottintacoma

Post by scottintacoma »

I want to say thanks to the WHOLE team. Those who have their names out there like Jason and Berto, and those who don't.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

From the home page, the latest post in the WWII section was titled "1.05 Alpha". Not for this game darnit.
lecrop

Post by lecrop »

Great! thanks for this long awaited update [&o]

Return to “John Tiller's Campaign Series”