MWiF Product #2 Question

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Omnius

MWiF Product #2 Question

Post by Omnius »

I couldn't help but notice several references to MWiF in the rules and other places that state this is "MWiF Product #1". That begs the question "What is MWiF Product #2 and what will it contain?". I certainly hope that MWiF Product #2 contains the America and Patton in Flames add-ons for the board game so that we can extend the war with more units from after the war and to have new scenarios of post war combat like a hypothetical Patton versus Zhukov scenario.

Omnius
Zorachus99

RE: MWiF Product #2 Question

Post by Zorachus99 »

My guess is that Product 1 will not be finished and working fully for six months to a year.

Most men can survive adversity, the true test of a man's character is power. -Abraham Lincoln
henri51

Post by henri51 »

I think that # 2 is the WiF map package that sells separately, but I am not sure.
FJeff

Post by FJeff »

MWIF 2 will be the game with an AI.
And it's one, two, three,
What are we fightin' for?
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: FJeff

MWIF 2 will be the game with an AI.
I wrote most of that text in 2009. MWIF 2 is sort of a moving target.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Omnius

More Info Please

Post by Omnius »

Shannon,
Can you elaborate a little more about MWiF Product #2. I take it from comments from Bo that it will include the two one front scenarios plus I guess the programming to activate all of those rules which are currently showing in the optional rules section but that are not ready for prime time yet. Any other things that will be included?

Any plans to bring America in Flames or Patton in Flames to the MWiF product line? That would be really cool, something you won't find much of anywhere else. Sometimes it's fun to play what 0f games.

Omnius
Shannon V. OKeets

RE: More Info Please

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: Omnius

Shannon,
Can you elaborate a little more about MWiF Product #2. I take it from comments from Bo that it will include the two one front scenarios plus I guess the programming to activate all of those rules which are currently showing in the optional rules section but that are not ready for prime time yet. Any other things that will be included?

Any plans to bring America in Flames or Patton in Flames to the MWiF product line? That would be really cool, something you won't find much of anywhere else. Sometimes it's fun to play what 0f games.

Omnius
I have enough on my plate at the moment. Sorry, but I have no appetite for planning additional meals in the future.

The one-map scenarios, although missing presently, I consider part of Product #1. They will be added in a future Update once I get time to code their special rules for the Transfer Pool. Section 2 of the Players Manual lists with an asterisk the missing optional rules which will be added to Product #1.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Omnius

Thanks for Info

Post by Omnius »

Shannon,
Thanks for the info. I understand not wanting to commit to another big project regarding the America in Flames and Patton in Flames games when you're still trying to get the first product finished. Sure would be nice if those two additions to the board game get added to the computer game.

Omnius

Return to “World in Flames”