The new Asia Map - Strategies?

Share your best strategies and tactics with other players by posting them here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

alexvand

The new Asia Map - Strategies?

Post by alexvand »

So I was setting my first game up last night.

I've spent hours over the years poring over these maps and setting things up in Europe was a breeze, but this asia map is really different.

I've certainly struggled with setting up the Japanese and the Chinese.

What things have you noticed? What viable strategies and tactics will appear with this new map?
dale1066

RE: The new Asia Map - Strategies?

Post by dale1066 »

Seems to me that building as many J land units asap (keep CVs goings as well) will make defending China very difficult to the point where it seems more likely that it will be forced to surrender. At first the # of J hqs and the rearranged road/rail/control at set up limits the points of action there are also new ports which help. The lack of land units for china means it now looks very difficult to set up a double stacked defensive line that can't be leached around and any single units will get picked off or again if in very tough terrain ignored so Chinese losses in units could then be much higher than usual. I guess it ma affect the Russian position as well . Will we see more & earlier ussr Dows on J in an effort to shore up china?

Defending china now seems a like a repeat of defending the ussr but with many fewer units and rougher terrain. If anyone fancies a game where we just do that scenario (is there one for just that map from s/o '39 ? ) i.e. ignore the west or abstract it in order to test out J/C strategies I'd be up for it.

I seem to recall from my CWif solo efforts that J can still get bogged down in C and be out of position for any US or CW shenanigans tho'

We're here for a good time not a long time!

Return to “The War Room”