AI doesn't follow enemy ships anymore?

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Testmann

AI doesn't follow enemy ships anymore?

Post by Testmann »

Hi!

I'm currently trying to hunt down phantom pirates that are raiding my colonies, but theres a problem.

The thing is, I have monitoring stations everywhere, so I know exactly where these ships are and where they are moving to.

But when I order my fleet to attack a pirate ship thats in hyper speed, the fleet only flies to the exact location the ship was at that moment and doesn't follow it to the place it's flying to.

So I have to tell my fleet several times where to go, which makes me lose precious time.

You see the problem?
Because they aren't taking into account the travel vector of the enemy ship anymore, they become incapable of hunting down a moving object.

If I remember correctly, the AI was capable of doing this in the game, wasn't it?
Have I clicked on a wrong option maybe?

best regards!
elanaagain

RE: AI doesn't follow enemy ships anymore?

Post by elanaagain »

Turn on the vectorsand look at where the ships (you want to attack) are going. Send your ships there to 'greet' them.
USA = Corporatist Serfdom of America: free range surf technology
Testmann

Post by Testmann »

good to hear, where can I activate this?

but am I not correct in thinking that at one point ships where following other ships, when they had an attack command?
Canute0

Post by Canute0 »

Basicly they never did that.
When the ship got a prox. sensor you got a chance that that ship can follow it through hyperspeed. But the chance is very low.
But what should your ship/fleet do when it meet the other ship/fleet at space ? You can't pull the other ship/fleet out of the hyperspeed.

You can order your fleets to intercept other incomming fleets, but i am not sure if the phantom pirates are show as fleet.
Testmann

Post by Testmann »

yes theres a chance of following them. But I have monitoring stations everywhere, so they never leave my sight. shouldn't that be enough to follow them?

Maybe I still need to check my proximity senso tech though.

But if theres an option to see travel vectors of enemy ships, that would be very helpfull aswell.
Canute0

Post by Canute0 »

But if theres an option to see travel vectors of enemy ships, that would be very helpfull aswell.
Yes it would be, but there is no option. You need to check self where they can head to.
But I have monitoring stations everywhere, so they never leave my sight. shouldn't that be enough to follow them?
Logical it should be enough, but from the gameplay it doesn't matter in this case. That only works for incoming fleets, but not for outgoing ships/fleets.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”