annual 98

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

bo

annual 98

Post by bo »

I would like every poster who has not received the World In Flames pamphlet Annual 98,which offers tacticle information for every major nation in the game, that they can receive it free of charge from Matrix with many thanks to Eric Rutins and Matrix for allowing this. It can be downloaded from the subforum Annual 98 in the Matrix forum The War Room.

Bo

Appreciate all the interest in the annual.

Bo
okiemcguire

RE: annual 98

Post by okiemcguire »

So Bo... I can order it and have it sent to my son in Japan for free? Then he can bring it home with him on his next re-assignment... [;)]

Everyone, this is a great piece of literature that is packed with information...
"Robur Ex Vigilantia," meaning "In Vigilance is Strength"

bo

Post by bo »

ORIGINAL: okiemcguire

So Bo... I can order it and have it sent to my son in Japan for free? Then he can bring it home with him on his next re-assignment... [;)]

Everyone, this is a great piece of literature that is packed with information...

Absolutley NP for you, my son and his family just landed in Arizona for a wedding this morning not sure where but they said there were a bunch of Hopi's hopping around, [;)] will try to find out where.

Bo
76mm

Post by 76mm »

maybe I misunderstood, but in your post you showed screenshots of a pdf version--are you sending that out, or a hard copy version?
shaddock

Post by shaddock »

Thanks Bo, really appreciate this.

@76mm it's a PDF he's sending.
save the carrots; eat a vegan!
bo

Post by bo »

ORIGINAL: 76mm

maybe I misunderstood, but in your post you showed screenshots of a pdf version--are you sending that out, or a hard copy version?

Pdf version, and I had a lot of trouble with your e-mail did you get the Pdf copy?

Bo
76mm

Post by 76mm »

nope, didn't get it...e-mail works, I just tested it, but I will send another couple to your e-mail addy. Sorry for the trouble.
bo

Post by bo »

ORIGINAL: 76mm

nope, didn't get it...e-mail works, I just tested it, but I will send another couple to your e-mail addy. Sorry for the trouble.

I just resent it Tom hope you get it. [&o] Hmmm resent has two meanings does it not I will have to check that out [:(]

Bo
chemkid

Post by chemkid »

Eradanfaroth

Post by Eradanfaroth »

Perhaps I can lend you a Stork from France to help you in your postal journey.

They're usually used to deliver babies but in winter, they're a little short of assignments.

For the image of the US, it's a little tricky. I can only remember that in the Antiquity, all subject peoples hated Romans, only for regret them when the barbarians invaded the crumbling empire.

Cheer up, when US will disappear, we will really miss you. [:'(]
bo

Post by bo »

ORIGINAL: Eradanfaroth

Perhaps I can lend you a Stork from France to help you in your postal journey.

They're usually used to deliver babies but in winter, they're a little short of assignments.

For the image of the US, it's a little tricky. I can only remember that in the Antiquity, all subject peoples hated Romans, only for regret them when the barbarians invaded the crumbling empire.

Cheer up, when US will disappear, we will really miss you. [:'(]

Oh good lord please dont tell me your French [:(] Nooooooooooooo Please no.

Bo
roeddog

Post by roeddog »

Bo,
thank you very much. I'll be sending you a hound dog (sorry no sled dogs in South Carolina)
via Eradanfaroth's stork mail to help with the deliveries. If nothing else he'll do a
great job announcing the arrival of folks howling good time
Jeff
bo

Post by bo »

ORIGINAL: roeddog

Bo,
thank you very much. I'll be sending you a hound dog (sorry no sled dogs in South Carolina)
via Eradanfaroth's stork mail to help with the deliveries. If nothing else he'll do a
great job announcing the arrival of folks howling good time
Jeff
I dont ship to Charleston SC they started the civil war [:D]

Bo
Omnius

Post by Omnius »

Bo,
Thanks so much for the Annual 98 e-mail. I printed it out so I can read it without having to have my computer on. While your advice for doing Guadalcanal again was good I decided to go with Global War instead. Guadalcanal was just too limited as far as production and convoys so I started up Global War so I could really learn the whole game system. I figure my first game of MWiF with everything is basically a practice game so it's better to start working the whole game system. On my first time setting up when I got to the Commonwealth I realized I had forgotten to set my production for the first few countries so I went back and started over to ensure I did the production as part of my set up. I even got through the first Axis phases and am now on the CW Naval Movement phase.

I'm going to play rather conservatively, no harry high school shenanigans trying out outrageous strategies like those espoused in the Annual 98.

Thanks!

Omnius
bo

Post by bo »

ORIGINAL: Omnius

Bo,
Thanks so much for the Annual 98 e-mail. I printed it out so I can read it without having to have my computer on. While your advice for doing Guadalcanal again was good I decided to go with Global War instead. Guadalcanal was just too limited as far as production and convoys so I started up Global War so I could really learn the whole game system. I figure my first game of MWiF with everything is basically a practice game so it's better to start working the whole game system. On my first time setting up when I got to the Commonwealth I realized I had forgotten to set my production for the first few countries so I went back and started over to ensure I did the production as part of my set up. I even got through the first Axis phases and am now on the CW Naval Movement phase.

I'm going to play rather conservatively, no harry high school shenanigans trying out outrageous strategies like those espoused in the Annual 98.

Thanks!

Omnius

Hey Omnius hear you loud and clear, I just felt learning the naval war was a shade challenging and Guadalcanal might have been a good start. As far as conservative I am all of that, when I went after Poland in Fascist tide I rarely ever lost a unit or even had any disorganized. I tried to always attack at 6 to 1 odds or better, Poland always fell in the first turn and usually Denmark also, and sometimes the Netherlands. Any way good hunting.

Bo
tevans6220

Post by tevans6220 »

Hey Bo

Just purchased MWiF. Could I please get a copy of Annual 98 that you're offering. Email is: evans6220@verizon.net. Thanks. Reading your AAR is what finally got me to purchase.
bo

Post by bo »

A fellow poster was kind enough to show me what I was doing wrong do hoped you received the Annual

Bo

A cf
ORIGINAL: tevans6220

Hey Bo

Just purchased MWiF. Could I please get a copy of Annual 98 that you're offering. Email is: evans6220@verizon.net. Thanks. Reading your AAR is what finally got me to purchase.

Tried to send it but no such address please e-mail with your account and please make sure it is correct.

Bo

Return to “World in Flames”