saved games won't reload

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Red Prince

RE: saved games won't reload

Post by Red Prince »

Thanks, Paul. "Tentatively back" is probably a better wording [;)] Just playing around with the release version, and I hate bugs (like everyone else) and happen to know a bit about what to do about it . . . just can't let it slide, you know.
Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it!
-Lazarus Long, RAH
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: gravyhair

Well, now the problem is back again. Can't reload save no matter what I do. Also, when I upgrade USSR Far East infantry to Siberians at setup, the first unit upgrades fine but both successive units disappear - lost forever.
Could you send us a saved game that doesn't restore for analysis? MadExcept@MatrixGames.GAM.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: Red Prince

Just ran into this one, Steve. In my case, this happened to me somewhere between Land Movement and Land Combat Declaration, in impulse 10 of the 2nd turn. Tried a number of variations to see which autosaves weren't loading, and what might have happened to corrupt the game file (if that's the case). I haven't been able to identify the problem yet, but I'll try again tomorrow. If I do figure out where the glitch is occuring, I'll put a bug report together for it. I don't recall having an ME Report prior to this.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but I'll keep my eyes open.

-Aaron
Aaron,

Yes good to have you back. If you have a couple of games that won't restore, please send them to me.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Red Prince

Post by Red Prince »

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

ORIGINAL: Red Prince

Just ran into this one, Steve. In my case, this happened to me somewhere between Land Movement and Land Combat Declaration, in impulse 10 of the 2nd turn. Tried a number of variations to see which autosaves weren't loading, and what might have happened to corrupt the game file (if that's the case). I haven't been able to identify the problem yet, but I'll try again tomorrow. If I do figure out where the glitch is occuring, I'll put a bug report together for it. I don't recall having an ME Report prior to this.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but I'll keep my eyes open.

-Aaron
Aaron,

Yes good to have you back. If you have a couple of games that won't restore, please send them to me.
I've pretty much identified it as something I must have done in the Land Movement phase. I was able to reproduce the problem by making the same moves again, and able to keep the problem from happening by not making any moves. I have yet to isolate which move or which set of moves taken together create the issue. I'm going to test it once more to see if I can recreate it again, then I'll run down through each of the moves in the morning.

I do have a before and after save, but I don't have the list of what to do to get it to happen just yet. Soon.
Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it!
-Lazarus Long, RAH
Red Prince

Post by Red Prince »

Isolated, report created, and sent (via email).

V101 Bug AJR 001

I did discover an ME, which is included, having to do with Land Unit movement.

-Aaron
-Lazarus Long, RAH
gravyhair

Post by gravyhair »

Thank you, Aaron! :-)
Wise Men Still Seek Him

Return to “Tech Support”