Playtesting RA 6.0

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

John 3rd

RE: RA 6.3 Change Log

Post by John 3rd »

Need to figure out HOW to do that with the reduced capacity numbers.

Files have been sent to John (JWE/Symon)!

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
ny59giants

Post by ny59giants »

Check the other classes that can convert cargo to troops capacity and see if there is a simple percentage that you can use. You do known how to do math, right?? If not, get Paula to help you. [;)]
[center]Image[/center]
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

Darn. Do you readers SEE what I have to deal with here??!! NY59 has serious issues that he calls me about for my serious and steadfast counsel...

Symon

Post by Symon »

ORIGINAL: John 3rd

Well I ain't Paula, but ... it's automatic John. Any Japanese (x)AK(L) converts 1/3 of original cargo cap to troop cap, whatever the cargo cap is, when you do the "AK Carry Troops" bootawn. [8D]
Nous n'avons pas peur! Vive la liberté! Moi aussi je suis Charlie!
Yippy Ki Yay.
MrBlizzard

Post by MrBlizzard »

ORIGINAL: Symon

Well I ain't Paula, but ... it's automatic John. Any Japanese (x)AK(L) converts 1/3 of original cargo cap to troop cap, whatever the cargo cap is, when you do the "AK Carry Troops" bootawn. [8D]
Ehm... Sorry for my English, I believe it's slang but really can't traslate bootawn...
It's something John has to do with editor to fix or everybody can do it?
(I've noticed too that in RA current release it's now impossibile to change cargo space with troop space)
Blizzard
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

You can do it for several classes of AK but not for Akasi--Ehime--Toho-Class ships. Bet this is yet another holdover from the Perfect War template this version has come from...

Cpt Sherwood

Post by Cpt Sherwood »

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

Hopefully the change of Japanese xAK Classes Toho, Ehime, and Akasi to allow converting cargo to troop capacity. [;)]

I thought the ship had to have 3000+ cargo capacity to do that. These ship classes are now below that level with the reduced cargo capacity from DBB.
“Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.” ― Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Symon

Post by Symon »

ORIGINAL: Cpt Sherwood
I thought the ship had to have 3000+ cargo capacity to do that. These ship classes are now below that level with the reduced cargo capacity from DBB.
Woops, yes, right, there is the 3k limit. But since the Japanese only "temp converted" a few of their biggies to schlepp troops, irl, this does not seem to be a large issue. Remember, there is always the "troops in cargo space" loading schedule.
Yippy Ki Yay.
Symon

Post by Symon »

Am porting the planes into RA and noticed you don't have Jacks in your plane file. Was wondering why, since the J2M series was fairly important and a major consumer of the Kawasaki Ha-60/Atsuta Ha-40/140; in-line engine. They are fast, climb well, have decent ceilings, are a bit sluggish on maneuver, but their other attributes make up for it. They are 1943 400 mpm planes and about the only decent mid-war interceptor the IJN has, so ... wtfo?

I added them into the RA air file in their original slot locations (empty in RA), and made sure there were no bitmap or other conflicts. Think you might want to use these little puppies. I use them a lot for mid-war B-17/24 intercepts and they ain't too bad as H2H fighters, either.

Anyhoo, Ciao. JWE
Yippy Ki Yay.
Symon

Post by Symon »

One little teensy nit. You got the D4Y5 using the Mitsubishi Ha-43/MK9. It didn't. It used the Nakajima Ha-45/NK9C/Homare. Might want to change that.

Another teensy nit, is engine factories. They are all over the map. Basically ok, but there really was a development schedule.
Mitsu Ha-32 --> Ha-42
Mitsu Ha-33 --> Ha-43
Naka Ha-34 --> Ha-44
Naka Ha-35 --> Ha-45
Might want to think about this when you do your engine factories. But then, hey ... who am I?

Ciao. JWE
Yippy Ki Yay.
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

One little teensy nit. You got the D4Y5 using the Mitsubishi Ha-43/MK9. It didn't. It used the Nakajima Ha-45/NK9C/Homare. Might want to change that.

Another teensy nit, is engine factories. They are all over the map. Basically ok, but there really was a development schedule.
Mitsu Ha-32 --> Ha-42
Mitsu Ha-33 --> Ha-43
Naka Ha-34 --> Ha-44
Naka Ha-35 --> Ha-45
Might want to think about this when you do your engine factories. But then, hey ... who am I?

Ciao. JWE

John:

If you want to make those changes into something more appropriate, I have no issues whatsoever. If not, send the files when done and I'd be glad to!

John

thinman

Post by thinman »

This is the RA 6.3 Change Log. I will modify this Post as I do more things.

Changes:

Japanese
1. CS Mizuho now Chitose Class as it should be in the Mod.
2. Japanese large AP Conversions (Asama/Brazil Maru Class) now allowed to convert to CVE in June 42.
3. Made sure the OLD Japanese warships are in the OOB (protected cruisers, etc...)
4. TF 13 (Japanese DDs) located at Saipan NOT a 'warp speed' TF. Ability taken away. The CVEs and other warships located at the Forward Operating Base of Combined Fleet get no movement bonus.
5. Added (they were there before but got taken out with the Perfect War template that FatR used) to Japanese OOB: 1 AR, 1 ARD, and 2 AKE as small additions to the support fleet.

Allied
1. CV Wasp is now back to being Wasp-Class and NOT Yorktown-Class.
2. The seven starting Training Squadrons (3 Navy/2 Marine/3 Army) are reduced from Wing to Squadron Size (Max 24 not 48). I did not know that Training Squadrons can carry THREE times the number of pilots in them!
3. Reflecting the expansion of the American Pilot Training Program, in July 1943 a matching amount of Training Squadrons are ADDED to reflect the growth of the American juggernaut.
4. The French start with no FP units for their cruisers and BBs. January 1, 1943 sees the addition of several to the OOB so their ships may be stocked. For convenience, these planes will arrive at Karachi and have to be ferried to wherever your French are at.
5. Repaired LI at Chungking and Changsha adding a total of 60 repaired LI points.
6. Castle ACM (Class 280) now NZ so it can convert without issue

If you have another issue NOT ADDRESSED here please jump in and Post it!

1. reduce a-24 banshee-output, move all banshee-squadron to SF or reduce pilot exp. Together with 60rp/d the aussies can built a strong outpost at rabaul. Playing 6.1 (now in 9/42) the losses for japan are hillarious.

2. there was a bug for Omaha CLAA update 9/42. All cruiser became the upgrade, but are damaged and usable for TF. don't know why...

3. R-12 production. there are 3 squadrons with 2 R-12 each (arrival 5/42, 7/42, 9/42), but no production till 12/44 (Pe-2R). something like 1 plane/month for pilot training? please? :)

4. Can't wait for F4U and F6F. F4F against A6M3b is a good training for japanese pilots. No chance to build up an F4F-pool.

5. make sure, all artfiles are included. All mails are without planeart - for example the a6m3b-art is missing (copying to a new witpae-installation) same with french ship-arts 832 AS Jules Verne, 834 BB Jean Bart, 833 BC Dunkerque, 831 DD Le Fier (last mail 2013-09-26)

Dominik
Attachments
omaha.jpg
omaha.jpg (106.51 KiB) Viewed 82 times
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

Will look at the A-24s and Omaha.

The R-12 is easy to fix.

Will look at the artwork issue.

John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

Have gotten a lot of PMs and Emails regarding this release. Once I've gotten the modified files from JWE I shall work to complete the small list that has been talked about above. In theory this should be pretty quick!

John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

HAH! Just got the files back from John. FANTASTIC!

Will start work on the last issues.

ny59giants

Post by ny59giants »

In theory this should be pretty quick!

[center]Image[/center]
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

My GOODness. I just looked at the excel spreadsheet containing all the aircraft. HOLY CATS!

John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

ORIGINAL: ny59giants
In theory this should be pretty quick!

Shut up kid---you're bothering me!

John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

FINALLY got access into the RA Google Site. All changes shall be placed there when complete.

John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

Am porting the planes into RA and noticed you don't have Jacks in your plane file. Was wondering why, since the J2M series was fairly important and a major consumer of the Kawasaki Ha-60/Atsuta Ha-40/140; in-line engine. They are fast, climb well, have decent ceilings, are a bit sluggish on maneuver, but their other attributes make up for it. They are 1943 400 mpm planes and about the only decent mid-war interceptor the IJN has, so ... wtfo?

I added them into the RA air file in their original slot locations (empty in RA), and made sure there were no bitmap or other conflicts. Think you might want to use these little puppies. I use them a lot for mid-war B-17/24 intercepts and they ain't too bad as H2H fighters, either.

Anyhoo, Ciao. JWE

The J2M Series is cut from RA reflecting the Zero Design team STAYING with the Zero work instead of shifting to Jack. I'd LOVE to have it. It is a GREAT plane.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”