Looking for a good Axis player for a PBEM game, 1.07.10 version, sudden death variation(cancelled)

For non-server PBEM games, post here to look for an opponent.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

mktours

Looking for a good Axis player for a PBEM game, 1.07.10 version, sudden death variation(cancelled)

Post by mktours »

Hi, I am looking for a good Axis player for a PBEM game on 1.07.10 version. The reason for me to choose 1.07.10 version is that I prefer facing a more aggressive Axis offense with full air supply, which is more challenging and more fun; also, I am not familiar with the new combating system and new leader checking in terms of overloading in the 1.07.11 version.
I have played 1 PBEM game as soviet and 3 PBEM games as Axis, all quite successful. But I haven’t experience the blizzard yet. I could do a good opening as Axis player myself and might be able to defend very aggressive opening, also I am kind of believing that the game is in favor of the soviet side so don’t worry if you are too good for me, I believe I could still put up some defense even if you are very likely to be way better than me. I could be a good sand bag for your excellent opening.
I have done an AAR of my past battle:
tm.asp?m=3381109
PBEM game is more reliable and I like to record my learning games. I think we could rule out ridiculous battle results via heavy re-loading by this way: when one receive a turn, he would have the right to check the battle report and if there is any weird result in doubt, the opponent would have to provide 5 screenshots to prove it is completely doable. We all know that wired results are extremely hard to achieve even via heavy re-loading. So that is not going to be a problem. In my past 4 PBEM games, there was never a single complain about wired result on both sides. So don’t worry about it.
I promise I would play to the end, not matter what the result would be. I play to experience more than to win, also I don’t have much time budget to play it many times and this game could be my last game so I won’t quit. I could do at least 2 turns a week.
The house rules are as follows:
1.07.10 version, full FOW, Sudden death variation or VC260.
Not locking HQ
No Para drops to break pockets at anytime in the game. No Para missions at all by the Soviets until the first Blizzard.
No bombing of HQ's unless stacked with a ground unit
Only 3 air attacks on city/ports per city per turn.
No bombing of air bases more than 3 times a turn (after turn 1).
No-random weather
any suggestions are welcomed and we can discuss it further.
Note: According to my past experience, I would only consider those who reply formally. Anyone who is interested, please reply to this thread.
Kind regards.
Edit:
The request has been cancelled.
Toidi

RE: Looking for a good Axis player for a PBEM game, 1.07.10 version, sudden death variation

Post by Toidi »

MKTours,

I think you should offer a server game to raise more response and attract really good players.

Edit:

Also, very few people will agree on playing .10 instead of the newest beta as most players just keep a single installation of the game on their machines.

T.
mktours

RE: Looking for a good Axis player for a PBEM game, 1.07.10 version, sudden death variation

Post by mktours »

Hi, Toidi
Thanks for the reply.
I am not in a hurry to find an opponent. Indeed, I am not sure of if I have enough time to play the game at this moment. The combating system seems to be changed a lot, and I don't have the time to practice the GHC to be able to have a good knowledge of what it could do in the new version, without that knowledge, it would be difficult for me to make correct judgement in defending the Axis offense. If no one is interested, then I just let it be.
Kind regards,
Tours

Return to “Opponents Wanted”