Battle Result Questions - any comments?

Civil War 2 is the definitive grand strategy game of the period. It is a turn based regional game with an emphasis on playability and historical accuracy. It is built on the renowned AGE game engine, with a modern and intuitive interface that makes it easy to learn yet hard to master.
This historical operational strategy game with a simultaneous turn-based engine (WEGO system) that places players at the head of the USA or CSA during the American Civil War (1861-1865).

Moderator: Pocus

Sorta

Battle Result Questions - any comments?

Post by Sorta »

Battle text:
1) Hooker engage CSA in Fairfax day 8
2) CSA succeeding in retreating from battle in Fairfax day 8 hour 2
3) Battle summary Union defeat (though 2x losses and 5x routing make it seem like a big victory)
4) Hooker engage CSA in Fairfax day 13
5) Battle summary - Union victory (against smaller Cav force under J Jackson)

Post turn both big armies are in the region.

Comments
So CSA retreating then battle (or is it battle then retreating but battle says CSA won)? Assume former. So why battle fought if CSA retreating and Union on defence?

Also why did the battle screen say Union loss when they caused 2x more CSA casualties and 5x more CSA routing(1:1 battle with Union in level 4 entrenchments plus 50% more arty?

So after union loss Union didn't try to retreat out of area (which could make sense as bigger army with level 4 entrenchments. But then fight a battle with CAV arriving day 13. This makes sense IF first battle was union win or stalemate.

Or doesn't the battle screen win or loss narrative actually affect anything in the game? Its the players decision to retreat unless its an overwhelming loss?
Ace1_slith

RE: Battle Result Questions - any comments?

Post by Ace1_slith »

Good question. I think you have stumbled on battle winner declaration bug. Did you loose or win morale from the battle. If you got NM, I would treat it as a glich that needs to be attended, and would continue playing as I have won the battle. If the game took you NM because it declared you lost when you have one is a bug that needs to be adressed.
mmarquo

Post by mmarquo »

Who was in the region, who moved into the region, what were the stances of the stacks? Any also, what was the military control level of the region?
Sorta

Post by Sorta »

Marquo
Union division under Porter was entrenched(at lvl 4) in the region with MC 100%.

CSA army advanced into region and Union army (Hooker) railroaded into region to join with Porter.

Ace1
Lost 1 NM.
We'll continue playing - the situation in the new turn is that I have a bigger army, more arty and in lvl 4 entrenchments. Whereas my noble opponent will have to choose between staying (and going on auto offensive stance as MC 100% (if I understand system correctly) or retreating on passive.

PS how do I upload screen shots?
TulliusDetritus

Post by TulliusDetritus »

ORIGINAL: Sorta
PS how do I upload screen shots?

First select the pic you want to upload, then make sure the "embed picture in post" box is selected.

Cheers

Attachments
111.jpg
111.jpg (17.31 KiB) Viewed 112 times
"Hitler is a horrible sexual degenerate, a dangerous fool" - Mussolini, circa 1934

Return to “Civil War II”