Thank You

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

tgb

Thank You

Post by tgb »

With the upcoming expansion I decided to reinstall Conflict of Heroes, but discovered that after getting a new computer, I could no longer find my copy of the game and the download link I was originally sent no longer worked. I fired off an email to Plimus support, but figured that since it was a)5PM Mountain time and b)a holiday, it would be 24-48 hours before I got a response.

Imagine my surprise when I had a new download link sitting in my inbox less than an hour later. You guys get slammed a lot (sometimes justifiably so) here and on other websites, so I just wanted to offer up a big THANK YOU for prompt and efficient customer service above and beyond the call of duty.
radic202

RE: Thank You

Post by radic202 »

I had a major computer crash a while back and lost everything, did the same as you with Matrix and Slitherine and they were prompt and resent me the Download links. I still had the CD keys as I had registered the games and kept printed copies of the receipts.

Learned my lesson as I now keep every zip copy of all my download purchases in a specific folder on a removable hard drive, also do the same with all my itune purchases.
It is much harder to think about doing something than actually doing it!
Jim D Burns

Post by Jim D Burns »

For the life of me I don't understand why Matrix doesn't simply make our registered games downloadable from our member’s page once we register our game on the site. The need to find old numbers for long shredded credit cards and contact customer support from a third party company for something like this these days simply makes no sense at all and isn’t very good business.

From its inception as a new company Matrix Games was a leading innovator in the new online distribution model for PC games. But over the past few years Matrix has fallen way behind current technology and is no longer an innovative company when it comes to online distribution.

If they aren’t careful someone will come along who does things better. Even if Matrix doesn’t want to handle the retail side of game purchase transactions, making registered games available for download to their site members should be quite simple for them to do these days. I can honestly say even though I’ve been a loyal Matrix customer from day 1, if a site like GoG started selling wargames, I would take all my business there due to the ease and simplicity of their customer friendly site and business model.

Jim
tgb

Post by tgb »

In fairness I did not have to find my old cc number - I just provided the serial code I was originally assigned.

Return to “General Discussion”