Ships/Subs Reducing Speed Immediatly

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

LoBaron

Ships/Subs Reducing Speed Immediatly

Post by LoBaron »

Just a question regarding manual speed reduction of ships/subs.

I noticed that - contrary to speed increase - when manually reducing a ships´ speed it drops to the set value nearly immediately. I am not an expert on this but I doubt you can force an Akula to full stop within 2 seconds. (playing with version 1.01 atm)

Is this a known issue that will be adressed or is it an intended behaviour due to a reason I am not aware of?

PS: great game btw, the perfect (r)evolution of the Harpoon series!
MaB1708

RE: Ships/Subs Reducing Speed Immediatly

Post by MaB1708 »

Is that under build 460?
See my comment in this threat http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3463507 which resembles your observations.
LoBaron

Post by LoBaron »

Yes MartinB, it seems to be related to what you describe, but I am using the official 1.01 patch, not build 460.

From my experience the behaviour is more prominent on deceleration. When accelerating there seems to be more of a delay. Neither acceleration nor deceleration seem to be related to any physical attributes of the vessel - although I can imagine that this is pretty much impossible to simulate in a game of that scale, so I do not expect it.

What I would expect though is a slower than immediate decelleration to a set speed.
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Thanks! Logged.

Return to “Tech Support”