Planes running out of fuel on patrol missions

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

JCR

Planes running out of fuel on patrol missions

Post by JCR »

I'm currently playing Hunter-Killers (with the new build I only had a crash every 3 days of scen time :D), and I routinely get the message that some of my S-2 Trackers assigned to patrol missions ran out of fuel and crashed.
Sofar I lost 6 planes to that!
It isn't a long distance mission, they just patrol around the carrier group, so why don't they head home when they're bingo fuel?
#Grumble

RE: Planes running out of fuel on patrol missions

Post by #Grumble »

Do you have a tanker up in the air around?

You might want to set Use Refuel:no in ROE. (And check unit's ROE too just to be sure.)
If you have Use Refuel and a tanker airborne a/c-s head for the tanker on bingo, but they do not (yet?) calculate with the queue up time, especially annoying when the home base is just below them.
3442kts
El Savior

Post by El Savior »

I can confirm running out of fuel too after updating to build 460. I made my own scenario with TU-22M and TU-16 with mining mission. I had three planes witch ALL run out fuel before reaching home base. They reached bingo fuel, head home and run out of fuel before they land.
El Savior
CV32

Post by CV32 »

I have also had this happen. Even when refueling was available, it seems like the calculation to Bingo isn't always accurate. (In fact, an actual Bingo indicator might be a good addition?) Worse, I've had my tanker miscalculate its Bingo, run out of fuel and crash before RTB.
Brad Leyte
HC3 development group member for HCE
Author of HCDB official database for HCE
Harpgamer.com Co-Owner
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Any save available?
JCR

Post by JCR »

Not a save but it is easily reproducable as it happens with the tankers in the "Kola 56" scenario available as beta here.
Just use the default missions.
The KC-97s will start crashing as soon as the masses of stratojets refuel. I lost all 12 of them to this bug.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”