Hell on Wheels campaign *Spoilers*

Share your best strategies and tactics with other players by posting them here.

Moderator: MOD_Flashpoint

DanielAnsell

Hell on Wheels campaign *Spoilers*

Post by DanielAnsell »

So, just about to play the last scenario of the Hell on Wheels US campaign. Got to say it has been very interesting so far. FCRS is an incredibly fun and interesting game as it stands now, and as it gets more development, it will only get better.

Having read the threads about the helicopters, and the reasoning behind the lack of fixed wing air support on either side, and the issue with the lack of magic artillery ammo resupply after your first load is shot through, no problems with any of it.

On the artillery ammo issue, given a 90 hour campaign, it might well be that there just aren't any more ICM and FASCAM rounds available in the forward support areas, whether or not they have bunches sitting on ships or in depots further away from the fight. Especially since if I read the campaign background correctly, the 'main' fight is happening further south of where the Hell on Wheels campaign takes place, and maybe that is taking priority. So that bug hasn't bothered me at all.

But, all that aside, I am looking at my order of battle for the last scenario, Battle Royal. Finally I have four actual armed US helicopters, even if they are Cobras, and not the Apaches. I even have lots of Kiowas to go find the bad guys both for my arty and the four Cobras. But what I'm puzzled about are the three Chinooks.

What am I supposed to do with them? I am sure they are an accurate part of the TOE, but still, since I lack anything for them to carry, and they aren't armed even with door guns, I'm puzzled by what to do with them. It seems unrealistic to blatantly use them as large slow targets to draw WP AD fire, but that's the only use I can think of right at the moment.

Any thoughts would be welcome.
Mad Russian

RE: Hell on Wheels campaign *Spoilers*

Post by Mad Russian »

The artillery resupply in the campaign isn't working right. It should reset after each battle. The artillery would get resupplied just like all the other units.

ROFL...the 3 Chinooks are attached to the Air HQ. They came with the HQ and I just left them in there. At the moment, there is nothing to do with them except have them as chrome. In the, not too distant, future you will be able to do heavy haul/lifting with them.

They are attached to the HQ. If I was you I would keep it out of LOS as much as possible. The HQ allows for more rapid orders and response times.

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.

Return to “The War Room”