Mixing Shield Types?

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies and ship designs with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Hyena Grin

Mixing Shield Types?

Post by Hyena Grin »

How does shield damage/regeneration work when you have multiple shield types?

For example, if I have heavier/slower recharge shields on the same station as lighter/faster recharge shields, how does the game handle the recharge of shields that take damage?

How do you know which shields are taking damage first?

Ideally it would be nice if the light/fast recharge shields could take damage first so that their faster recharge rate will be of immediate benefit, before the heavier shields start taking damage.

Does the game distribute damage equally amongst all shields? Is each shield's strength handled individually with each point of damage randomly distributed? Or does the game simply average the recharge rate of all shields and apply it universally?
CyclopsSlayer

RE: Mixing Shield Types?

Post by CyclopsSlayer »

Recharge is a fixed number, summed from the total shields on a ship. 10x Shield, each worth 100 Strength, each having a regen of 1, would result in a single 1000 strength shield with a regen of 10.

I have never actually mixed shield types, but I cannot see why for say Shield types A & B, it wouldn't be just Strength (A+B), Regen (A+B).
Hyena Grin

RE: Mixing Shield Types?

Post by Hyena Grin »

Ahh, that makes sense. I assumed the shield recharge worked as a proportionate value rather than a flat regen rate.

On the face of it, it looks like adding fast regen shields to a spaceport might be very valuable by increasing the regen rate of the existing heavy shields. Which is interesting.

Return to “The War Room”