AI? This is intelligent enough...

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Spenser

AI? This is intelligent enough...

Post by Spenser »

Hi guys!
Having played WIF since the first version in the mid-eighties, i have been waiting for the computer version since it was first mentioned in the -95 annual i believe...
Got a second monitor 2010 when i thought release was imminent, when it wasn't i tried Vassal for solo play but soon gave that up...
Having lurked at this forum since it began, i knew i had to have it, good or bad! Hey, it's WIF! [:D]

I have now played 3 impulses of solo global war and am absolutely delighted!
Steve's knowledge and love for this game is obvious, and i find myself thinking i would rather have DoD, Patton, FiF and KiF and all the other bells and whistles before an AI opponent, which i honestly believe could only be a beginners tool for learning the game...
If i can just make this work in my old laptop i'll be sure to show my gaming group at our next session...

Many thanks to Steve and all the others! [&o]

Spenser

Return to “World in Flames”