Looking for long-haul Allied Opponent

Post here to meet players for PBEM games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

BossGnome

Looking for long-haul Allied Opponent

Post by BossGnome »

Hi,

Long time WITP veteran here - I have 2 games of the original WITP under my belt, and 1 game of WITP - AE.

I haven't played this game in some 18 months, and I am looking for a fun and reliable allied opponent to take me on in the full scenario (scenario 1). I can do a turn a day, sometimes more if it's the weekend or holidays, sometimes a bit less if I am very busy. I used to be pretty good at this game, but I have never delved deeply into the AE Japanese industry system (time to learn!) and I haven't played this game in a while, so who knows.

The options I would like to play with are: 2 day turns (because I would like to finish this game in my lifetime) FOW: ON, ADV Weather ON, Allied DMG Control ON, Player Def Upgrades OFF, Historical first turn OFF, December 7th surprise ON, Reliable USN torpedoes OFF, Realistic RND ON, no withdrawals OFF.

As a caveat to the no historical first turn, however, I would like to ask that the Allied player not move any of his units or change any of their initial december 7th move orders, except for Chinese units, and the USN carriers (to remove from them the gamey temptation of attempting a midocean intercept on them).

I am currently running what I think is the newest patch for the game (?) not sure - version 1.7.11.23t.

Please send me an e-mail at

guillaumelamothe@yahoo.com

if you are interested! Cheers!
"Hard pressed on my right; my left is in retreat. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking."
-Gen. Joffre, before the battle of the Marne
dr.hal

RE: Looking for long-haul Allied Opponent

Post by dr.hal »

Have you thought about trying the DBB versions? With the improved map and hex stacking limits they are a big improvement.

Return to “Opponents Wanted”