War in China

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Shannon V. OKeets

RE: War in China

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

ORIGINAL: Mike Parker

ORIGINAL: Froonp

Japan does not start the Global War 1939-1945 scenario with the 19 ranged Mavis.
They have 3 FTR2 from which 2 must be put on the map.
They have 3 LND2 from which 2 must be put on the map.
They have 2 NAV2 from which 1 must be put on the map.
They have 1 NAV3 from which 1 must be put on the map.

The H6K Mavis is an ATR4 that enters the force pool in 1939, but it is not in game at start. It must be built for 4 of the 10 or so initial Japanese BP,and will at best be in game in M/J 40 after 4 turns of building.
I should have said "They start the 1939 scenario with only one long range bomber in their force pool the H6K Mavis which is an ATR.

I meant it was available in '39, it could be built (and often will be for its ATR as well as bombing) and it would then be capable of potentially being used against the chinese stored oil as was suggested.

I was trying to refute the idea that a 22 range bomber was available to get to the oil early, and well the only possibility is the Mavis early on, the Japanese don' get a 22 range bomber till '41, then they have to build it, then deploy it in china, then pretty quickly they will need to be attacking the CW so its pretty unlikely the G4M1 Betty will really get a shot at any stored oil.

In the boardgame the Mavis would still have to be based in the desert 2 hexes N.E. of Lan Chow to be in range of Kashgar. Having a plane based there in supply is not a simple matter for the Japanese.
In MWIF it is 22 hexes from Lan Chow to Urumchi.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

In MWIF it is 22 hexes from Lan Chow to Urumchi.
And 27 from Lan Chow to Kashgar.
Paul
Froonp

Post by Froonp »

ORIGINAL: paulderynck
In the boardgame the Mavis would still have to be based in the desert 2 hexes N.E. of Lan Chow to be in range of Kashgar. Having a plane based there in supply is not a simple matter for the Japanese.
Especially considering that the Mavis have to be based on a coastal hex [:D]. Fortunately there are lare lakes in China, maybe one is in range ?
Mike Parker

Post by Mike Parker »

Ahhhh I didn't realize the Mavis was a Float Plane :) I was just using your Spreadsheet Froonp and filtering upon Strat factors and range :) I should read the notes, or look at the counters next time :)
AlphonseZukor

Post by AlphonseZukor »

Bump

Might want to move this to the AARs as well.
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: AlphonseZukor

Bump

Might want to move this to the AARs as well.
Yes. Thank you for digging this up from the depths.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

Return to “World in Flames”