game stops responding -- units slow to move--more detail in the interactive tutorial

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

viperdave

game stops responding -- units slow to move--more detail in the interactive tutorial

Post by viperdave »

First great game!!
1. Game stops responding during the air video portion.
I am playing the barb scenerio hot seat I set up everything. Axis went first and everything was fine. the videos worked fine. Rus phase worked fine until the ground attack air phase (sorry don't know all the phase names yet-- still learning) I allocate rus planes the the german planes the go thru all the air screens for the die rolls and once that is finished the video starts and the game stops responding. I exited out of the game and used the auto-save (which I still trying to figure which file to use). I did the ground attack again and video started and game stop responding -- I did this a third time and same thing. I did a ground attack without the air and the game ran great. So I am think the video is making the game not respond. I remember seeing the screen at one time to select the option to turn the video off but I cant find the screen anymore to turn the video off. How do I turn the video off during gameplay?

2. counters are slow to respond when moving them ie click on a unit then click on a hex to move the unit and the game takes several seconds to place that unit in the hex. I did not notice any delay when I did the germans first turn.
3. The interactive tutorial.
Can you write out in more detail what I am supposed to do in the air combat interactive tutorial. all the abbreviation that are used aren't on the help sheet. ie the first part I click on the two airplanes move them to a city hex -- then what do I do. can you decipher the first five lines of the instruction on the tutorial maybe I could see what you are doing and then I could decipher the rest.

thanks,
dave
Cad908

RE: game stops responding -- units slow to move--more detail in the interactive tutorial

Post by Cad908 »

ORIGINAL: viperdave

Can you write out in more detail what I am supposed to do in the air combat interactive tutorial. all the abbreviation that are used aren't on the help sheet. ie the first part I click on the two airplanes move them to a city hex -- then what do I do. can you decipher the first five lines of the instruction on the tutorial maybe I could see what you are doing and then I could decipher the rest.

thanks,
dave
Dave,

Are you in Interactive Tutorial 14 or Interactive Tutorial 15? Also, which page is causing the difficulties?

From memory, IT 14 begins with the Commonwealth flying a Strategic Bombing mission into Germany. The mission suffers anti-aircraft fire, bombs a city and then returns to base. If the instructions create confusion please let me know and I can post more detail.

-Rob
viperdave

RE: game stops responding -- units slow to move--more detail in the interactive tutorial

Post by viperdave »

Rob, thanks for the reply. It is tutorial 14 but I am starting to figure the code out. I got thru the AA part and reduced the bombs. Also just a note the game worked fine with the air video playing on the bombing run. It made the game stop working as stated in my post.
thanks
dave
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: viperdave

First great game!!
1. Game stops responding during the air video portion.
I am playing the barb scenerio hot seat I set up everything. Axis went first and everything was fine. the videos worked fine. Rus phase worked fine until the ground attack air phase (sorry don't know all the phase names yet-- still learning) I allocate rus planes the the german planes the go thru all the air screens for the die rolls and once that is finished the video starts and the game stops responding. I exited out of the game and used the auto-save (which I still trying to figure which file to use). I did the ground attack again and video started and game stop responding -- I did this a third time and same thing. I did a ground attack without the air and the game ran great. So I am think the video is making the game not respond. I remember seeing the screen at one time to select the option to turn the video off but I cant find the screen anymore to turn the video off. How do I turn the video off during gameplay?

2. counters are slow to respond when moving them ie click on a unit then click on a hex to move the unit and the game takes several seconds to place that unit in the hex. I did not notice any delay when I did the germans first turn.

thanks,
dave
On the Main form's menu there is a label Player Interface, its drop down menu has just one menu item, and that is where you can control the historical videos etc.

While the video runs (they are 5-10 seconds long usually) the rest of the program just sits and waits.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
viperdave

Post by viperdave »

Steve thanks for the reply. Yes I finally found the pull down menu to turn off the video. Yes I know the video plays a bit. But the game just did not respond for several minutes when it played the video I just got the rotating circle. Once I turned off the video the game has been going strong. I still have a delay sometimes when moving units. It will take several seconds to move the unit.
Dave

Return to “World in Flames”