Surprise and attack across river

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

comsolut

Surprise and attack across river

Post by comsolut »

Not sure if a bug, still learning rules, but in the Fast Start Barbarossa Scenario, on the first impulse, the attacking land unit strengths are being halved when attacking across rivers BUT I read in the manual that land units attacking surprised units are not halved when attacking across rivers.

Am I reading the rules wrong or is the game miscalculating?
Shannon V. OKeets

RE: Surprise and attack across river

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: comsolut

Not sure if a bug, still learning rules, but in the Fast Start Barbarossa Scenario, on the first impulse, the attacking land unit strengths are being halved when attacking across rivers BUT I read in the manual that land units attacking surprised units are not halved when attacking across rivers.

Am I reading the rules wrong or is the game miscalculating?
I didn't see that just now using the Fast Start saved game. If you were attacking Leningrad, then remember that defending units in swamp are doubled. Perhaps that was the case.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
comsolut

Post by comsolut »

It is the two Russian units in hex 45,46 in Lithuania. Again 1st impulse Fast Start Barbarossa. German units in 46,46 and 46,47 are halved attacking into that hex.

If you need, I can duplicate and send a screenshot.
Shannon V. OKeets

ORIGINAL: comsolut

It is the two Russian units in hex 45,46 in Lithuania. Again 1st impulse Fast Start Barbarossa. German units in 46,46 and 46,47 are halved attacking into that hex.

If you need, I can duplicate and send a screenshot.
Here is what I get.

Attachments
Barbarossa..sRivers.jpg
Barbarossa..sRivers.jpg (752.82 KiB) Viewed 90 times
Steve

Shannon V. OKeets

Perhaps you just have the top unit in each hex attacking? Instead of both units in the hex?
Steve

comsolut

Post by comsolut »

Currently cannot duplicate, and yes maybe I added all the units in my head, but forgot to actually select one in the declare attacker phase.

If I do duplicate will send screenshot.

BTW - having a lot of fun with the game. Just getting the first turn of Barbarossa maximized is a great learning experience.

So far I have decided to used my Offensive chit and combined to get all my TAC air units attacking on the first impulse when the they get two die rolls to disrupt because of surprise and get all my land units attacking to clear out enemy units to advance in the second impulse, and so the land units are not halved attacking across rivers in the first impulse.

Having a lot of fun and appreciating the depth of game design!!

Return to “Tech Support”