Question about unit editing

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Hannable

Question about unit editing

Post by Hannable »

After toying around with the scenario editor for a bit, I'm a bit baffled about how to use the unit editing feature.

Essentially, what I would like to do, is to bring a few unit types from the CWDB to the DB3000. For instance, the US Gearing class destroyers. I can see how you can fiddle with sensors and weapons of an existing unit, but how do I create a new unit from scratch, i.e. the US Gearings and add them to the US ship list?

In addition, I'd like to add a few items to specific nations. For instance, Algeria uses the Osa I and Osa II fast attack craft but Algeria does not have those ships listed. Yeah, I know I could plop a Russian Osa down instead, but in other cases, it's a bit confusing to design scenarios and trying to figure out which substitute ship to use. So I'd just like to put the Osas in Algeria's list.

Any help or direction would be very much appreciated as I do tend to customize my databases - not so much the ships themselves, but what ships are available per year.

Thanks in advance!
"Only one human captain has survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else." - Delenn of Minbar

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”