So who is getting it?

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Ingtar

RE: So who is getting it?

Post by Ingtar »

After some soul searching, I realized the only reason I was not still playing this solitaire was lack of space. This will allow me to play in some fashion as I used to, so I just purchased it. Who knows, mine might be the one sale that, when added to the others, helps insure that the AI is added.
catwhoorg

Post by catwhoorg »

Not for me.

I'll think about it when the AI version comes along.

I applaud the powers that be for the way they have released this, I see no reason why those who are happy with the current version should be forced to wait even longer for a functioning AI , which they may never play against.

AbwehrX

Post by AbwehrX »

I shall pass because I do have a life and this game would take up most of it. Good luck to you all who purchase it.
No such thing as "a life" without World in Flames.
Mundy

Post by Mundy »

Downloaded in < 20 minutes. Time to fire this bad boy up.

Ed-
Jimm

Post by Jimm »

ORIGINAL: AbwehrX
I shall pass because I do have a life and this game would take up most of it. Good luck to you all who purchase it.
No such thing as "a life" without World in Flames.
I think I want to "like" both these comments, they are equally and paradoxically true.
Jimm
scout1

Post by scout1 »

Sitting on the fence w/o an AI .... even for some simple scenario's ..... Net play has the restrictions of someone (nearby) with similar schedule as mine ....
philabos

Post by philabos »

Got it today. For those of you sitting on the fence for an ai you are missing something truly unique. Outcomes are so unpredictable it is worth getting right now inho. I was determined to pass on the maps, but when the option came up somehow I checked the box!
A magnificent achievement for all at Matrix the stuck with this over the years. I doubt any other company would have tolerated this gestation period.
Hotschi

Post by Hotschi »

I'm downloading right now - my secretary of finance (aka wife) is at work right now, so she doesn't know [:D]

Never played the boardgame, actually never heard of it before. Never played strategy games online (except Battle Academy with an old schoolfriend of mine). No AI yet, no PBEM yet, guess it will be implemented some day in the future. Learning the game will keep me busy the coming weeks (or months), and am looking forward to the printed manuals. Wonder when they'll arrive here in Austria.

This thing looks massive, And I'm looking forward to playing it, in which way ever.
"A big butcher's bill is not necessarily evidence of good tactics"

- Wavell's reply to Churchill, after the latter complained about faint-heartedness, as he discovered that British casualties in the evacuation from Somaliland had been only 260 men.
OttoVonBlotto

Post by OttoVonBlotto »

Not at the moment, but probably in the future when it's download only or shipping the books half way round the world isn't a quarter of the ticket price and there is at least a rudimentary AI and PBEM options so will maybe look again in a years time, I've waited this long another year is nothing in the development of this behemoth and at least they are getting some return on there time and effort in the mean time.[8D]

"Personal isn't the same as important"

Return to “World in Flames”