mmmm... help me plz

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

GreyJoy

mmmm... help me plz

Post by GreyJoy »

...all of a sudden:

Error: can't create DX7 object

What does it mean? didn't change anything that could cause it[&:]

I searched and found two cases like this in the tech forum... but nowhere were said how they solved the problem[8|]

Thanks u guys for any help you could give me
MrKane

RE: mmmm... help me plz

Post by MrKane »

I have saw such issue several times ( usually someone else is using all memory on graphics card ) . To fix it you need to find program blocking game from accessing directx resource. for example : other program/game or crashed witpae still in memory. You should check list of running programs in windows task manager. I am not 100% sure it is you problem, but each time I have this message, I fixed it by closing/ending other program using directx.
GreyJoy

Post by GreyJoy »

Just to say that I solved the problem.
Basically I don't know how I did it. Simply turned off the PC and let it cool down for a bit. Turned on again and WitpAE got back working perfectly...go figure[:o]
koniu

Post by koniu »

ORIGINAL: GreyJoy

Just to say that I solved the problem.
Basically I don't know how I did it. Simply turned off the PC and let it cool down for a bit. Turned on again and WitpAE got back working perfectly...go figure[:o]

I have short episode when to work in tech support of one in polish communication companies. It hard to imagine but big % of all problem with electronic devices was fixed by only turning off that device and giving it few minutes of rest.

Everyone who is fixing computers do that as second thing. First one is checking if device is connected to power[:D]

"Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War"
btd64

Post by btd64 »

Shutting it down always works for me. Clears the memory.[:D]
Cheers
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
Crackaces

Post by Crackaces »

ORIGINAL: General Patton

Shutting it down always works for me. Clears the memory.[:D]
Cheers

The great Dr. Jim Grey described defects in two categories -- "Bohrbugs" and "Heisenbugs". Bohrbugs behave deterministically like the Bohr atom ... Each attempt results in a failure. Heisenbugs behave in the realm of Chaos theory ... The whole crux of Tandem Computers. Create save points and if a transaction failed, restart things at the save point because more than likely the fault is dependent on conditions that will not repeat itself on the next attempt ... It seems that restarting at point zero -- complete reset of the operating system -- gets around a lot of "Heisenbugs" [:D]
"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so"

Return to “Tech Support”