Looking To Pick Up This Deal of the Week Game

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Panther Paul, Arjuna

wodin

RE: Looking To Pick Up This Deal of the Week Game

Post by wodin »

budd..for me the best games in the Slitherine stable;)
PirateJock

Post by PirateJock »

+1 ... may even have to change my signature ;)
Combat Command Matrix Edition Company, The Forgotten Few
Max 86

Post by Max 86 »

ORIGINAL: Arjuna

Yes we currently have the following projects in the pipeline.

- Cmd Ops 1 (BFTB) new patch
- Cmd Ops 2 with a swag of new features
- Med Pack (Crete, Malta, North Africa et al)
- KOAD Pack (Knock on All Doors - the original German Staff Plan for the Bulge, large maps and forces)
- West Wall Pack (West Wall battles 1944/45)
- Legends Pack (France 1940, platoon line units)
- East Front 1 Pack (Battles along the Chir post Stalingrad)
- East Front 2 Pack (Drive on Stalingrad from Don to Volga)

Thanks for the news. Your response plus Wodin, **budd** and Pirate Jock (my Combat Command compadres) endorsements have convinced me to go for both of these while on sale. 2014 is going to be a busy gaming year for me, bought WitP last week! Scared to see what is next weeks sale, I won't have any Christmas money if this keeps up. [:D]

PJ, you can't change your sig. Keep up the fight for Combat Command! [:D]
No problem Chief!
wodin

Post by wodin »

Bil's Legends, Med Pack and the two East front games are must buys for me. Though you really do need patience if a fan of this series:)
PirateJock

Post by PirateJock »

ORIGINAL: Max 86
PJ, you can't change your sig. Keep up the fight for Combat Command! [:D]

[:D] - I will consider carefully before doing anything drastic.

As to question about developer's commitment - I'd say Dave and his team's support for the title is second to none.

Cheers
Combat Command Matrix Edition Company, The Forgotten Few
budd

Post by budd »

AAAAAAA.....Combat command...the good ol days[;)] I really like the phase game play, an underrated game for sure and i still have alot of unplayed scenario's to get to. You made a wise move Max86,i hope you enjoy the command ops games as much as i do. I seem to be moving away from games where i have to move dozens of counters every turn, might be a time allotment thing. Command ops and flashpoint campaigns are unique games with great support and good AI's. Command ops AI is the best i've played, especially the friendly AI.It's nice to give orders and see them carried out competently by your friendly AI. Command Ops and flashpoint just "feel right" in alot of ways especially the fun factor[:D] .....looking forward to more from both developers.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
Werewolf13

Post by Werewolf13 »

ORIGINAL: Arjuna

Shot answer is that we'll be releasing the packs and the engine separately. As to pricing and upgrade policy well I have received a lot of feedback from users about how they would hate for it to be done a certain way for X reasons. There seems just as many X reasons for each option canvassed. I need to focus on this and decide soon. I'm sure that no matter what option I choose I will be berated by some users. Such is life. So I think I'll choose the one that makes my life the easiest and be done with it.

From a purely business POV - pick the option that makes you the most money. Because 1) you deserve if for producing one of the best wargames for PC available and 2) so you can keep 'em coming!
Freedom is not free! Nor should it be. For men being men will neither fight for nor value that which is free.

Michael Andress
Qwixt

Post by Qwixt »

Not that I have time for another game, but I have been watching this series for years. I don't think the xmas sale even approaches this price. Now to decide whether to grab httr too.
Tophat1815

Post by Tophat1815 »

Looking to pickup HTTR in a few hrs myself. Nope finished downloading.
BeastieDog

Post by BeastieDog »

Added this one to Red Storm and World in Flames. Hope the wife doesn't leave me this winter.
Dog
Wolfe1759

Post by Wolfe1759 »

Another Combat Commander signing in [:)]
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill
Magpius

Post by Magpius »

... may even have to change my signature ;)
[X(]
say it aint so.
Major SNAFU_M

Post by Major SNAFU_M »

Ya know, I have been crazy busy traveling for work - but when I saw this was the game of the week (during the week that this thread was posted) I wanted to purchase a second copy so I could play my son.

But I could not for the life of me figure out where to take advantage of the "game of the week" discount/special price. Admittedly I as rushed in an airport trying to get it done, but it was not obvious to me where to go on the Matrix website to accomplish this. When I went to just purchase another copy of the game, it showed at full price.

Matrix needs to make this much more obvious on their website for people who have < 5 minutes before the door to the airplane is closing.

hopefully it will come up on discount again at some point.
"Popular Opinion? What I suggest you do with 'Popular Opinion' is biologically impossible and morally questionable." -

"One ping to find them all,
One ping to link them;
One ping to promote them all,
and in the darkness sink them"
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: Major SNAFU

Ya know, I have been crazy busy traveling for work - but when I saw this was the game of the week (during the week that this thread was posted) I wanted to purchase a second copy so I could play my son.

But I could not for the life of me figure out where to take advantage of the "game of the week" discount/special price. Admittedly I as rushed in an airport trying to get it done, but it was not obvious to me where to go on the Matrix website to accomplish this. When I went to just purchase another copy of the game, it showed at full price.

Matrix needs to make this much more obvious on their website for people who have < 5 minutes before the door to the airplane is closing.

hopefully it will come up on discount again at some point.

It should have shown in the regular place. When I bought a Deal of the Week, it was automatically reflected in the normal product page.

Maybe you had a pages cached or something?

Thanks
Rick

Return to “Command Ops Series”