To everyone that are complaining about a physical copy

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Numdydar

To everyone that are complaining about a physical copy

Post by Numdydar »

First off WiF is NOT by any streach a 'normal' computer game. I think this is what is causing all the issues on this (and maybe other topics too).

I cannot stress enough this point that WiF has NOTHING in common with 99% of any computer games that people here would normally buy.

ADG who owns the rights to WiF is STILL trying to sell PHYSICAL copies of the board game. So the computer version of WiF is in DIRECT competition with sales of the board game. So if a digitial copy of WiF was offered, what do you think would happen to sales of the actual board game? Rapiadly approch zero would be my guess. I think this release even without an AI is going to have a major impact already. So no reason to accelerate the process even more.

So Matrix/ADG want to a) put out a high quality produce, hence the hard bound manuals, and b) not try and eliminate sales of the board game itself. A fine line if there ever was one [:(]

This is what I consider the main reason for a physical copy only. This is NOT going to change anytime soon. Again because ADG is still selling physical games themselves. At some point in time (maybe after the AI version is released), ADG will stop selling the physical board and let Matrix sell a digital only version. This is especially more likely if sales of this version are high.

So if you are that upset about the physical copy, simply do not buy it. But Matrix/ADG are NOT doing this just to make things more difficult for you to buy the game.

I did suggest to Erik at Matrix to allow a digital only version to be offered without the physical manuals, but wherther you wanted the manuals or not you still had to pay the same price for the game. You just would not have to pay all the add on shipping/customs/etc. costs for the physical books. I have no clue if that is something MAtrix can do or not but think it is something they should do if possible.

If not then simply do as aspqzr suggests in the Modest Proposal thread as that is yet another workaround for those that REALLY do not want the manuals.

But please stop complaining about it and lets start discussing game realated stuff which I find much more interesting than yet another thread on this.

Erik Rutins

RE: To everyone that are complaining about a physical copy

Post by Erik Rutins »

Let's please keep the discussions on this to this thread:

tm.asp?m=3444898&mpage=3
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Return to “World in Flames”