Error #4 & Error #8 login in netplay

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Jaimainsoyyo

Error #4 & Error #8 login in netplay

Post by Jaimainsoyyo »

My first message when I tried to enter net play forum was Error 4 serial previously registrered [:@],few seconds later I´ve tried to connect again and this time error number was 8 invalid character in name . Please help me [&o]
Shannon V. OKeets

RE: Error #4 & Error #8 login in netplay

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: jaimain

My first message when I tried to enter net play forum was Error 4 serial previously registrered [:@],few seconds later I´ve tried to connect again and this time error number was 8 invalid character in name . Please help me [&o]
Check the user name and Password you are using carefully. The system doesn't like blanks in either the user name or the password. It complains about special characters too.

If you still have trouble after making sure your user name and password are acceptable (within the specified restrictions), please post again to this thread.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Jaimainsoyyo

Post by Jaimainsoyyo »

How can I change my login ? I´m not sure if I have typed a blank before or after mi login .
Shannon V. OKeets

How can I change my login ? I´m not sure if I have typed a blank before or after mi login .
I am sort of flying blind here, since I can't see what you see on your screen or what keystrokes & mouse commands you are entering.

Try going to page 105 in volume 1 of the Players Manual. Section 6.1.1 describes the process.

If you can bring up the registration form, you should be able to type in new information.

---

But perhaps you are getting the error messages as soon as you click on the Private WIF NetPlay Forum button on the splash screen and you never see the registration form? If that's the case, please say so here and I'll try to figure out how to get you back to the registration form.
Steve

Jaimainsoyyo

Post by Jaimainsoyyo »

Hello Steve , I´ve edited NetPlayReg.txt erasing all there , then when I pressed "enter the forums" the program has opened the registration form , after typing my new login and password I´ve tried to conect to the forums and the error this time was #4 Serial number previously registered. [:@]
Shannon V. OKeets

Hello Steve , I´ve edited NetPlayReg.txt erasing all there , then when I pressed "enter the forums" the program has opened the registration form , after typing my new login and password I´ve tried to conect to the forums and the error this time was #4 Serial number previously registered. [:@]
Okay. Let's try this. If you remember the user name you used the first time, it might be acceptable, and the password the problem - because it didn't meet the requirements for a password (characters and length). One of the beta testers ran into this with the program reporting that the username/password were unacceptable.

So, try the same user name with a new password. I'm hoping that the serial number user name combination will get you past the first validation check, and let you complete the registration with a good password. I'm not certain this will work, but it is an educated guess.

Sorry for the aggravation.[:(]

Steve

Jaimainsoyyo

Post by Jaimainsoyyo »

Thanks Steve problem solved, I know what was happening. The issue was I registered my game first in Slitherine web with another name and password , now I´ve edited NetPlayReg.txt to coincide with registered user and password and finally I´ve entered the forum.
Shannon V. OKeets

Thanks Steve problem solved, I know what was happening. The issue was I registered my game first in Slitherine web with another name and password , now I´ve edited NetPlayReg.txt to coincide with registered user and password and finally I´ve entered the forum.
Thank you for persevering. And for letting us know what the solution is.
Steve

Return to “Tech Support”