Just bought the WIF

Post requests for head to head play here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

ironduke1955

Just bought the WIF

Post by ironduke1955 »

Currently scratching my head never played the boardgame. Any tips on how to get started would appreciated
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

Shannon V. OKeets

RE: Just bought the WIF

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: ironduke1955

Currently scratching my head never played the boardgame. Any tips on how to get started would appreciated
The most painless way is to watch the Tutorial Videos.

Or you can read the Players Manuals.

Or you can fire up the game, and read through the Picture & Text tutorials followed by running through the 10 Interactive Tutorials. These are accessible for the program's opening splash screen.

There are other approaches to learning the game, but these are the 3 ways that I specifically design for players like you, who are starting from scratch (apparently literally[:D]).
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Lingering Frey

Post by Lingering Frey »

The game has a huge learning curve, but it should be worth it. Learning the game is not unlike taking a college extension course in Autocad.
Zorachus99

Post by Zorachus99 »

It's not terrible. I tried to make several illegal moves by mistake last night, and failed in all of them [:D]

Oh my god, I so happy I don't have to be a robot with the rules anymore.
Most men can survive adversity, the true test of a man's character is power. -Abraham Lincoln
Smellygoalie101

Post by Smellygoalie101 »

Sry, accidental post.
There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter. -Ernest Hemingway

Return to “Opponents Wanted”