amphibian bonus

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

geofflambert

amphibian bonus

Post by geofflambert »

I tried finding this in the manual and searched for it here in the forum but couldn't find anything on it. What is the Japanese amphib bonus and what period does it cover? Is this just in DaBigBabes?

Lokasenna

RE: amphibian bonus

Post by Lokasenna »

It's in all full campaign scenarios as I believe it is hard-coded.

I saw some reference to 90 days, however in one of my games I saw evidence that it was still in effect after the first week of March.

It appears to apply to loading as well as unloading. Both move much more rapidly. E.g., I unloaded 3 Inf Groups completely with only a medium-size convoy. Full load (80%, as it was Amphib) was the 3 Groups + ~30k supply. When I messed up and unloaded them into a jungle hex, in just the final phase of unloading they dumped all 3 groups plus some of the supply. The next day, I forgot to set to Do Not Unload again and didn't change the destination.... So when they were done reloading, they dumped them onto the beach again.

All 3 groups and the supply (about 4k?) got fully reloaded, and then all 3 groups fully unloaded as well as about 24k supply in just that one day. Yeah..... I hated myself for that one, but it demonstrates the size of the bonus. Every transport in the TF was a humble xAK. It took 2 days to reload them, though [:-].

I believe it lasts through the end of March, but haven't confirmed yet.
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

I believe you're right

adsoul64

Post by adsoul64 »

Page 128 Manual states "Special Japanese early war bonus of 1200 for all AP/AK and xAP/xAK types". The initial operations bonus for the Japanese lasts the first 4 months of the War (p-127).
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Thanks all

Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

I tried finding this in the manual and searched for it here in the forum but couldn't find anything on it. What is the Japanese amphib bonus and what period does it cover? Is this just in DaBigBabes?

Why do you need one? Your an amphibian already[:D]

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”