Influencing German Allied Morale

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

lastkozak

Influencing German Allied Morale

Post by lastkozak »

I am attempting to determine if one can improve German Allied Morale and Leadership ratings.

I concluded that if victories improve leadership ratings and unit morale, then there has to be a way to ensure more victories and fewer defeats for German Allied Units.

The way I am approaching this is by the following; (I am playing the Computer)

1) Break up 11th Army, so that each corps has 3 Romanians 1 German division.
2) Break the German Division down into 3 regiments, stacked with each Romanian Division.
3) Always attack when I know I can win the battle, never risk it otherwise.
4) Attach German Units to the best Romanian Armies and Corps in the same way as I did with 11th Army.
5) For other allies attach a few Germans to their corps, and/or only attack with them if there are other Germans involved.
6) Use extra German Corps HQ's attached to Romanian Armies, so one can select good German Commanders.
7) Refit Romanian and German Allied Units and keep them at optimum strength.

This is expensive in AP's, but can be carried out slowly over time.

It is early to tell, but it would seem those Romanian units with a 45 morale, are now at 47. Not yet enough victories to determine if this will help Romanian leadership ratings.

I will report again later as my game progresses.

lastkozak

RE: Influencing German Allied Morale

Post by lastkozak »

To update anybody who read this. My technique seems to work, I have only one Romanian Division now that is less than 40 Morale, and most are beyond 45 and a few now that are at the 50 morale mark.

Have not noticed any increases in Romanian leaders, but I suspect continuous victories should improve them.

Post by Gabriel B. »

let me gues : 35 reserve infantry .

I doubt you will be able to get any meningfull improvement out of corps leaders , i have not saw that happen with german corps leaders, and those score more than 50 wins in 1941 .

personaly I disband all rumanian corps except the cavalry and mountain corps and treat the parent armies as soviet armies.

you will get better results trying to improve the divisions themselves , if you handle manpower corectly , each of those 21 infantry divisions is comparable to soviet divisions ,perhaps even beter after august when they get blessed with the 41b TOE.

Disgruntled Veteran

Post by Disgruntled Veteran »

ORIGINAL: Gabriel B.

let me gues : 35 reserve infantry .

I doubt you will be able to get any meningfull improvement out of corps leaders , i have not saw that happen with german corps leaders, and those score more than 50 wins in 1941 .

personaly I disband all rumanian corps except the cavalry and mountain corps and treat the parent armies as soviet armies.

you will get better results trying to improve the divisions themselves , if you handle manpower corectly , each of those 21 infantry divisions is comparable to soviet divisions ,perhaps even beter after august when they get blessed with the 41b TOE.

I agree. I usually keep a lot of them back from the front and refit them to get their morale to 50 quickly. As for the Corps..they are junk! I disband all but 3 or 4 and a lot of the airbases. I also disband a lot of the MG battalions to free up rifle squads. I think your efforts are wasted IMO. Turn all frozen romanians to refit so that they are 50 morale when they wake up. Oh and its probably better to keep the Romanians away from the front during 1st blizzard. It takes too long to bring their morale back..
SigUp

Post by SigUp »

The blizzard attrition is also the killer for the Rumanians. They'll go to unready in no time. So really, the only Rumanians that should be out there from December 41 to March 42 are the Mountain Brigades, which are quite useful in stabilizing front sectors.
Gabriel B.

Post by Gabriel B. »

But to what end ? They certainly are not expected to carry the weight of the 1942 offensive , why not send everthing to the front to
ease the presure ?

19 rumanian infantry , 2 italian , 1 slovak, 6 (?) hungarian security bde can back up 26 infantry divisions in the south alowing high morale german infantry to be broken down into regiments and sent the rear.
morvael

Post by morvael »

If you disband corps, and use armies only for the Axis minors, then they are subject to some additional penalties to their leader rolls. Soviet armies don't have these, so this is not an equal situation.
Gabriel B.

Post by Gabriel B. »

We are talking about leaders with 4-5 admin ratings here .
I will rather spend 1 admin point to disband the corps and free manpower then 19-32 admin points to replace them with some other guy that also has admin of 5 .

that are just 2 leaders worth keeping but those are not asigned .

2 corps placed under 17th and 11th army control is enough.

Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

The minors should be used during blizzard as ZoC speed bumps. GHC Infantry morale is the key to 42. Minor morale can be easly recovered in 42.

A core of 9-16 (85-99 morale) GHC divisions are needed in 42 to punch through any SHC lines. It is still possible to go from 90 to 96 morale in a single turn as GHC so getting 30+ units over 85 morale during 41 is easy. The more u cripple SHC during summer of 41 the more units can be housed in citys over the winter.

Minors should be used in 42-43 to hold major river lines and they can vs even the best SHC units in 42-43 now that the morale rules have been changed.

Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Bozo_the_Clown

Post by Bozo_the_Clown »

It is still possible to go from 90 to 96 morale in a single turn as GHC so getting 30+ units over 85 morale during 41 is easy.

He, he, especially with 95/105 settings taking advantage of the morale bug in 1.07.08. [:D]
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

No I posted screen shots of my morale on 100 vs 100, several games as a matter of fact.

Not to hard to do, here is a game I did vs computer 100 vs 100 setting. As can be seen by won lost I just did the 90 morale divisions.

Attachments
94.jpg
94.jpg (237.39 KiB) Viewed 71 times
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

You have allot to learn Lord of the Clowns.

If you know what your doing having 12 90+ infantry monsters come June 42 is not the exception, but the rule.

Attachments
94.jpg
94.jpg (196.5 KiB) Viewed 71 times
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Gabriel B.

Post by Gabriel B. »

I would rather have, all those yellow 70 morale divisions up to 75 ,instead of a few 90+ divisions .

Bozo_the_Clown

Post by Bozo_the_Clown »

If you know what your doing having 12 90+ infantry monsters come June 42 is not the exception, but the rule.

The logic escapes me. Why choose these settings if you can win without them? If I were you I would just admit that I did something wrong and move on.

Also, I would change my signature line if I were you. You are basically insulting a lot of people, including myself, as being "stupid". I don't know why nobody is monitoring these sites for inflammatory political statements like this. It's just so unnecessary. We are playing a game!
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

ORIGINAL: Bozo_the_Clown

The logic escapes me. Why choose these settings if you can win without them? If I were you I would just admit that I did something wrong and move on.

Also, I would change my signature line if I were you. You are basically insulting a lot of people, including myself, as being "stupid". I don't know why nobody is monitoring these sites for inflammatory political statements like this. It's just so unnecessary. We are playing a game!

The 100 vs 100 morale settings?

Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

ORIGINAL: Gabriel B.

I would rather have, all those yellow 70 morale divisions up to 75 ,instead of a few 90+ divisions .

Everything will be over 80 with a dozen over 90.

And yes Lord of The Clowns the morale setting is 100 vs 100.

I take other peeps random games off server so its their settings not mine.
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Bozo_the_Clown

Post by Bozo_the_Clown »

Seriously? You are saying the other players have chosen 95/105 settings?

If I were you I would apologize for my behavior.

Anyway, discussing this with you is pointless.

You call yourself the King of Morale but for me you will always be the of 95/105.
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

ORIGINAL: Bozo_the_Clown

Seriously? You are saying the other players have chosen 95/105 settings?

If I were you I would apologize for my behavior.

Anyway, discussing this with you is pointless.

You call yourself the King of Morale but for me you will always be the of 95/105.

I only did 2 games 95 vs 100, many others including MT thought that was a good fix for the imbalances in the game.
But come to find out even the scaling was bugged(had been for 2 yrs).

Your a newbie so I give you a pass on not knowing nothing about anything :)
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
loki100

Post by loki100 »

ORIGINAL: Pelton

why do you always resort to abuse? It really doesn't encourage anyone to take your views seriously. There are simple, polite ways, to debate and disagree with other posters.
Bozo_the_Clown

Post by Bozo_the_Clown »

If newbie means that I enjoy a fair fight with standard settings then I will gladly be called "Newbie".

If veteran means that I have to adjust the settings just to win another game then I would not like to be called "Veteran".

Blustering, name calling and bullying will not help you in this matter.

Return to “The War Room”