150th Anniversary CD Install

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_ScourgeofWar

Steveonfirst

150th Anniversary CD Install

Post by Steveonfirst »

I purchased the SOW Gettysburg download earlier this year to check out the game. Love it!!!...for all the reasons others post. Great game.

So, I recently updated the latest version, then purchased the 150th anniversary CD pack. My question: Before I install the CD pack, is there any potential conflict/watchout between the downloaded SOW Gettysburg file/scenario data and the CD 150 Ann. installation?

Appreciate your feedback and am enjoying the game.
Hancock The Superb

"There are times when a corp commander's life does not count.." Major General W.S. Hancock- "Thunderbolt of the Army of the Potomac"
Steveonfirst

RE: 150th Anniversary CD Install

Post by Steveonfirst »

OK
Hancock The Superb

"There are times when a corp commander's life does not count.." Major General W.S. Hancock- "Thunderbolt of the Army of the Potomac"
histgamer

Post by histgamer »

ORIGINAL: Steveonfirst

I purchased the SOW Gettysburg download earlier this year to check out the game. Love it!!!...for all the reasons others post. Great game.

So, I recently updated the latest version, then purchased the 150th anniversary CD pack. My question: Before I install the CD pack, is there any potential conflict/watchout between the downloaded SOW Gettysburg file/scenario data and the CD 150 Ann. installation?

Appreciate your feedback and am enjoying the game.

I would advise a clean install. It shouldn't cause a problem to my knowledge but it would be best for a clean install. You can always backup saved game filed if you need. If its a pre matrix game install I'd advise a uninstall prior to installation though as I've seen some issues when you have the old CD code from before Matrix in you're registry and then try and install a matrix game code install over it.
Steveonfirst

Post by Steveonfirst »

Thanks, flanyboy, much appreciated. The download was a matrix install, so I may try to install, if it causes any issues, clean all out and clean install the cd. Again, appreciate the advice.
Hancock The Superb

Steveonfirst

Post by Steveonfirst »

Without uninstalling SOW Gettysburg, installed 150 ann. cd. No problems. Played several scenarios to test, clean. Hope sveryone has same results.
Hancock The Superb

Return to “Tech Support”