LCU objectives

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Chris21wen

LCU objectives

Post by Chris21wen »

I know prep points are important but you cannot alway set an LCU objective such that you have a high prep level. Two questions and my answers that I'd like confirming.

Is it benificial to set an objective for attack or defence irrespective of how many prep points the unit has. My answer: Yes. Been doing it from the start.
How are objectives points dealt with if a stack has units with more than one objective. My answer: It's individual not stack.
witpqs

RE: LCU objectives

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: Chris H

I know prep points are important but you cannot alway set an LCU objective such that you have a high prep level. Two questions and my answers that I'd like confirming.

Is it benificial to set an objective for attack or defence irrespective of how many prep points the unit has. My answer: Yes. Been doing it from the start.
Not quite. The developers advised that prep points can help once they reach a minimum of 30. They advised that below 30 there is no chance of them helping.
How are objectives points dealt with if a stack has units with more than one objective. My answer: It's individual not stack.
True.
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: witpqs

ORIGINAL: Chris H

Not quite. The developers advised that prep points can help once they reach a minimum of 30. They advised that below 30 there is no chance of them helping.
True.

OK thanks
leehunt27@bloomberg.net

Post by leehunt27@bloomberg.net »

and it doesn't matter if a construction unit with AV of zero preps or not right? does that matter for an amphibious landing at all?
John 21:25
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

ORIGINAL: leehunt27@bloomberg.net

and it doesn't matter if a construction unit with AV of zero preps or not right? does that matter for an amphibious landing at all?

It would prevent disablement to have a higher (or maxed) prep value.

On defense, prep also matters... And non-combat squads have a nominal defensive AV, so prep would make a difference.

When attacking, non-combat squads don't need prep. Except when unloading onto a beach.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”