Interested until ...

This forum supports the Early Access Program for the PC for Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager (SPM). iOS, Android and Mac releases are still in development. SPM is the ultimate game of space exploration. It is the mid 1950s and the race for dominance between the US and the Soviet Union is about to move into a new dimension: space. Take charge of the US or Soviet space agencies - your duty is be the first to the moon. Carefully manage your budget by opening programs, spending R&D funds on improving the hardware, recruiting personnel and astronauts and launching space missions in this realistic turn based strategy game.

Moderator: MOD_BuzzAldrin

decaro

Interested until ...

Post by decaro »

I was very interested in this sim; I had visions of "Go fever" from racing Soviet Cosmonauts into space, but then I read that this game is as "ahistorical" as the latest Star Trek revision.

How hard would it have been to create an AI Star City to compete with your very own Cape Canaveral? It would be Sim City's race for space strategy without constantly being interupted by a latter day Ghenkis Khan.

I hope this game will one day be "moded" to relive the historical space race that many of us grew up with.
Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.[center]Image[/center]
[center]"The Angel of Okinawa"[/center]
Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II
Kipper

RE: Interested until ...

Post by Kipper »

It could have been both... real race t0 1969/early 70s, then fantasy race to Mars in alternate future where USSR did not collapse, China get involved... It was all there to be done!

EDIT: I am now going to shut up. The devs have got lots and lots of feedback and some great ideas, and a couple of real crackers from the users on this forum and I wish them luck. These are partime guys who have been putting their all into this for years, have come a long way, are now armed with lots of ideas, so there is every reason to think that the best has yet to some from SPM.

Return to “Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager”