Starting over from scratch

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
ahartzell

Starting over from scratch

Post by ahartzell »

I recently had my computer crash and lost everything on my hard drive, including all of my Harpoon Ultimate Edition stuff. I now have a new computer (running Windows 7), and was able to reload from the original disc (dated 3/14/2011). However, I have a few questions to help me get back up and running.

First, when I try to open Harpoon Advanced Naval Warfare, I am getting an message box coming up saying this it is a temporary version that expired 2/1/2011 (I received it as a "late" Christmas present in March 2011), and that I would need to update ANW. I cannot remember where I did that originally. It say to to go computerharpoon.com, but that takes me to Harpoon 3 Professional, which I am guessing is not the correct place. Where do I need to to go to download the most current version of ANW? All of the other versions (Harpoon Commanders Edition, Harpooon 3.6.3, and Harpoon 3.9.4) appear to be working fine.

Next, were would be be best location to download the most current databases for these, especially for 3.6.3 and ANW?

Also, is there a Database Editor included in Harpoon 3.6.3? I did not see one there. I see the one for ANW, but I am guessing I will probably not be able to run it until I get ANW updated. Now that I have Microsoft Access on my computer (my previous one did not).

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Allen
fguerin35

RE: Starting over from scratch

Post by fguerin35 »

Hi Allen,

To update to 3.11 latest patch, launch the H3 ANW menu, there's a "check for update" option to click on. Then after a while, you should have the download process running. Should solve your issue.

Then for most current databases, Harpoon Advanced Database is no longer maintained by its author. For HUD4, you can grab the latest files here: http://harpgamer.com/harpforum/index.ph ... -hud4-v13/

Regards,

FG
Angle of Attack

Post by Angle of Attack »

ORIGINAL: ahartzell

Next, were would be be best location to download the most current databases for these, especially for 3.6.3 and ANW?

Harpoon3.6.3 users can get the Complete PlayersDB Harpoon 3.6.3 Library
Harpoon ANW users can get the Complete PlayersDB Harpoon ANW Library
Harpoon HUE users can get the Complete PlayersDB Harpoon HUE Library

"Harpoon for Dummies" channel
Angle of Attack
Free Swimming Lessons
ahartzell

Post by ahartzell »

Thank you for your help. Will try those out and see if I can get everything running.

Return to “Tech Support”