Does anybody else feel like their commands don't always "take" ?

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

ExMachina

Does anybody else feel like their commands don't always "take" ?

Post by ExMachina »

A general question but one I'm prepared to ask becasue I no longer think I'm going crazy [:'(] [:D]

Every once and a while I feel certain that I pressed the relevant key or issued a particular status change but then when I go back to check, nothing changed.

I notice this most often with altitude/throttle control, usually when trying to switch "Manual" back to "Auto" only to have my selection inexplicably ignored and having to do it again. I also think I notice weird key-ing issues when toggling between group and unit view, and when setting courses (trying to clear a course or get "the finger" to appear/disappear)--both times it seems like the only reliable way to interact with either of these features is to click off the unit and then re-select the unit (even though it was already selected)

So, that's the issue I suppose: sometimes it seems as though a unit looks like it is selected but the game engine acts as if no unit is selected.

This behavior doesn't seem to be scenario specific and I'm not sure what actions precede it to make it noticeable....it's not paralyzing game play but it makes the UI feel more clunky than it probalby needs too...has anyone else noticed this (or noticed a pattern to weird behavior)?

Thanks
Agathosdaimon

RE: Does anybody else feel like their commands don't always "take" ?

Post by Agathosdaimon »

i have had that but mainly only when selecting a unit and trying to delete a single waypoint - the whole unit will deselct first time but then the second time it will work.

CoffeeMug

Post by CoffeeMug »

I have that feeling too, every once in a while.

Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Guys please always mention the build number under which you notice something happening. We do a lot of tweaks from one build to another to fix micro-bugs so we need to know which build is causing what behavior.

Thanks!
ExMachina

Post by ExMachina »

I'm running build 451 but think I've noticed the behavior through many versions. Now, I just finally feel familiar enough with the game to conclude that it's not just pilot error.

Not a big problem but curious to know of others see a pattern..

ORIGINAL: Sunburn

Guys please always mention the build number under which you notice something happening. We do a lot of tweaks from one build to another to fix micro-bugs so we need to know which build is causing what behavior.

Thanks!52
MaB1708

Post by MaB1708 »

I'm running build 451 but think I've noticed the behavior through many versions. Now, I just finally feel familiar enough with the game to conclude that it's not just pilot error.

^^^
what he says. Still an issue for me under 451 and reported e.g. here:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3443986

Good opportunity to say thanks for all your fantastic responsiveness, and we should not forget: when these minor issues are tackled we will see some interesting enhancements over time (strike planner, land model improved, intermittent sensor model (or something better) etc etc.
This is a great time to be a little part of that journey.

Bests,
Martin
ExMachina

Post by ExMachina »

True. And that bug has been reported previously too.

I reported something similar for aircraft but never got acknowledgment of it being logged.

Hopefully such problems with the speed/altitude will be solved with the new interface. [:)]

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”