New Screen & request to Hubert for modding

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

welk

New Screen & request to Hubert for modding

Post by welk »

It seems that Hubert has decided to offer alternate graphs for those who prefer pastel colors and Nato symbols. Thanks, Hubert [&o] [:D]

http://www.leqg.org/forum/download/file.php?id=1224

Darkers hex are "light mountain" samples (High mountains, if they exist in the game, would be a little bit more dark)

Welk-Fantomas, old modder of SC1

PS : If Hubert read this post : Hubert, could you please confirm to me that the hex grid size of the image is exact ?

It would be cool to get the graphs (grounds and 2D units) before the final release, in this way, I could do a special and free graph alternate included mod with pastel colors.[:'(]
welk

RE: New Screen

Post by welk »

one other solution for counters could be that, like a boardgame :

welk

Post by welk »

Request to Hubert or SC3 staff, please : would it be possible to give me, here,a bmp or png image with a exact hexagone form ? (the exact form that is in the game files, ready to be used for mods). I need it to work with graph mask under Gimp for building mountains, forest, cities, etc in my "SC3 boardgame mod" project. Wouldbe great if I could begin now, SC3 with hex is very exciting [:'(]

The form size I have is extracted from the pre-alpha screens you posted but I am pretty sure that this form is not exactly the exact size used in game : so, the risk is for me to work on a false size hexagone, and to have to redo all work after buying SC3

and also, please, if possible, one specimen of a 2D counter unit (to have a model would be more easy to work inmod. I can not wait the final release to begin modding work [:D])
welk

Post by welk »

Please, Hubert : could you accelerate the work, my 2D german army is waiting to conquer Gross Paris...[:D]

welk

Post by welk »

The map project will probably use some graphics of SC1, and some graphics of old mods for Time of Wrath I founded in Matrix forums and adapted to the (futur) SC3 (thanks to Agent Smith, Hairo, Uxbridge, Peter123 and others for these great creations)

Some of the graphs (mountains and forests) come also froma mod founded here :
http://wargameinfrance.free.fr/ww2tow.php

welk

Post by welk »

The new Luftwaffe (with Fighters/fight-bombers graph distinction)

Attachments
Luftwaffe.jpg
Luftwaffe.jpg (5.92 KiB) Viewed 428 times
welk

Post by welk »

We shall defend our hexagons, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never let Hubert to return to the hidous squares... [:D]

The finalresultofthemod would give somthing like that. I have collected all the needed materials, now I wait for Hubert in Normandy [:'(]

Josh

Post by Josh »

Well in all fairness the tiles served their purpose, although many gamers were put off by them. I for one am glad he moved on to hexes [:D]

Nice work so far Welk. [:)]
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Hi Welk,

This looks very good actually and I look forward to see what you might come up with [:D]

I've sent you an email and whenever you get the chance to respond we can take it from there [:)]

Hubert
welk

Post by welk »

Thanks, Josh [:)]

Hi, Hubert. No mail founded in my mail adress, probably technical pb with Yahoo (not the first time)

I have sent to you a private message in this forum and a new mail by the forum system to give you a second mail adress. And yes, I have some little graph mods ideas and projects to convert SC3 in a classic boardgame : The modding pot begins to warm, the winter will be hot in my hut before the hit [:D]
SeaMonkey

Post by SeaMonkey »

IMO the less intrusive(map terrain friendly) unit type square without the background counter base is preferred, but make them a bit smaller.
Magpius

Post by Magpius »

Hey Welk, pass what you can my way, I'd also love to start pushing pixels on this bad boy too.
welk

Post by welk »

ORIGINAL: SeaMonkey

IMO the less intrusive(map terrain friendly) unit type square without the background counter base is preferred, but make them a bit smaller.

The both will be included in the mod : counters with background = 2D counters modded, and counters without background = in place of 3D counters (I will calibrate the exact size after the game release because It's need to be tested in situation, the actual size is just provisory)

welk

Post by welk »

ORIGINAL: Agent S

Hey Welk, pass what you can my way, I'd also love to start pushing pixels on this bad boy too.

I think I use some of your TOW/TOF stuffs mods : did you recognize them ? [:D]

I am working on a new graph for mountains, inspired from this stuff (graphs are identical and repetitives, beacause I have to do tests). The work includes also some graphs stuff of Telumar's mods (OAW III- Matrix Forums) : urban tiles and cultivated fields

The map project is showed with the 2 kinf of counters. It's just for demo : in game, they will be alternatives : one kind or other kind, not the both at the same time (choice between 2D counters and 3d counters in the options screen)

welk

Post by welk »

The mod will come with 3 or 4 kind of grid hex (normal geometric, less geometric and less intrusive, etc)

welk

Post by welk »

One other solution could be that sort of thing.

Have any preference ? [:D]

Attachments
tiles.jpg
tiles.jpg (70.44 KiB) Viewed 432 times
Magpius

Post by Magpius »

I think I use some of your TOW/TOF stuffs mods : did you recognize them ?
[8|]
Those iso squares are a sick joke.
and thats a -1 for the fuzzy hexes, too distracting.
Port symbol, too elaborate, (it's more 3d than the counters)
Try putting a drop shadow on the counters...
If you're planning on going retro, take a look at the '70's and 80's A.H. games.
I'm sure you've gone through boardgame geek. It's a great resource for colours and textures.

are you working with SC3 files/ parameters? or is this all hypothetical stuff?
did you finish your TOF mod?

-Agent.
welk

Post by welk »

I hate squares
SeaMonkey

Post by SeaMonkey »

How about some color correlations for morale and readiness? Say the background of the strength number.
welk

Post by welk »

No idea about

Attached : some stuff for thoses who want to start graph work for SC3 : that's material I use and the size are exact : if you work in this limits, your graphs will be ok with the size graphs of the game.

The size are "normal size". Probably, we will have to build unzoomed graphs in addition but I am not sure of the exact size of unzoomed units and hex

Attachments
Stuff.gif
Stuff.gif (4.95 KiB) Viewed 432 times

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”