Space Flight Comparisons

This forum supports the Early Access Program for the PC for Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager (SPM). iOS, Android and Mac releases are still in development. SPM is the ultimate game of space exploration. It is the mid 1950s and the race for dominance between the US and the Soviet Union is about to move into a new dimension: space. Take charge of the US or Soviet space agencies - your duty is be the first to the moon. Carefully manage your budget by opening programs, spending R&D funds on improving the hardware, recruiting personnel and astronauts and launching space missions in this realistic turn based strategy game.

Moderator: MOD_BuzzAldrin

GreyWolf16

Space Flight Comparisons

Post by GreyWolf16 »

I have been inspired by space travel since I was a 3rd grader watching Alan Shepard take off in my clasroom on a black and white TV.

Now we seem to havre a plethora of PC games and sims to play with to revisit this inspiration. However, I'm not sure that any of them have 'put it all together' yet. I'm starting this thread here in order to inform others and gather some feedback. Here is a list of exisitng Games/Sims that I am aware of and the category they fall into.

SIMULATIONS OF SPACE PROGRAM MANAGEMENT WITH NO FLIGHT SIM COMPONENT
Buzz Aldrin Space Program Manager
(Upcoming) Race To Mars

SPACE SIMULATION
Lunar Flight (limited to the LEM but included Mars envoronment)
Orbiter (detailed but difficult sim)
Space Engineer (sandbox building game with limited physics accuracy)
Kerbal Space Program (fun rocket building sim but with limited realism)

Please add all the titles I'm sure that I'm missing and wouldn't if be awesome if some of these 'program management' and 'piloted simulation' titled could be merged!

n01487477

RE: Space Flight Comparisons

Post by n01487477 »

Space sector has a fairly good list of this but ... And maybe this is going beyond the scope of any realism.
To name a few:-
Take on Mars (released)
RimWorld - off world colony builder-tactical shooter(upcoming/early access)
Spacebase DF-9(upcoming/early access)
Evochron Mercenary(old)
X series (new release imminent)

Scott Manly also does a lot of these types of space games.
Banquet

RE: Space Flight Comparisons

Post by Banquet »

Return to “Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager”