The Final Countdown Scenario

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

[RS]Wedge

The Final Countdown Scenario

Post by [RS]Wedge »

If only the CMANO database went back as far as 1941 in order to play out "The Final Countdown" scenario without having the USS Nimitz going back to 1980 right before engaging the IJ Navy.
smudge56

RE: The Final Countdown Scenario

Post by smudge56 »

Lol
AKA - Smudge
navwarcol

Post by navwarcol »

It seems that CMANO would handle WW2 databases fairly easily by looking at the way the engine works overall.
HudsonGame

Post by HudsonGame »

Yes, that is one of my all time favorite movies. Maybe they could include the Japanese Pearl Harbor attack ships (and aircraft) in the Cold War Database.[;)]
RoryAndersonCDT

Post by RoryAndersonCDT »

I think CWDB should keep where it is set, but that at some point a WW2DB should be considered [:D]

Problem with WW2 is that it was the most productive period in terms of aircraft designs and ship designs. Its a HUGE project to make a database of all platforms used in WWII. Its the sort of thing I think WarfareSims should tackle when they are a 25+ person wargame development powerhouse. [;)]
Command Dev Team
Technical Lead
.Sirius

Post by .Sirius »

Hi guys yeah we are a small team of four, a WW2 DB Does give me a twinkle in my eye
ORIGINAL: Baloogan

I think CWDB should keep where it is set, but that at some point a WW2DB should be considered [:D]

Problem with W2 is that it was the most productive period in terms of aircraft designs and ship designs. Its a HUGE project to make a database of all platforms used in WWII. Its the sort of thing I think WarfareSims should tackle when they are a 25+ person wargame development powerhouse. [;)]
Paul aka Sirius
Command Developer
Warfaresims
Cold War Data Base 1946-1979 Author

Old radar men never die - Their echoes fade away in accordance with the inverse fourth power law
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Because you asked for it: http://www.warfaresims.com/?p=2306

[:)]

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”