Feature Request: A separate DB viewer

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

severe7

Feature Request: A separate DB viewer

Post by severe7 »

This is probably a silly request but would it be possible to make the DB viewable outside the main game?

For the quick glances late at night when trying to finds inspiration for scenarios.

Once again great game!
Wiz33

RE: Feature Request: A separate DB viewer

Post by Wiz33 »

yea this would be really useful when building scenario or even during game play. Especially if you have a 2nd screen to put it on.
smudge56

Post by smudge56 »

All these fancy people with more than one screen. [;)]
AKA - Smudge
Wiz33

Post by Wiz33 »

I actually don't ATM but I'm hoping to upgrade in the future ;-P
smudge56

Post by smudge56 »

[:'(]
AKA - Smudge
ultradave

Post by ultradave »

Ah, Blighty, you should look into getting one. They really are very inexpensive these days. For me with a MacBook Pro laptop, having the external monitor for Command (and also Combat Mission:Normandy and it's follow ons - my other obsession :-) ) really makes it better.
----------------
Dave A.
"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep he checks his closet for paratroopers"
smudge56

Post by smudge56 »

Problem i have is i don't have the room to put a second one. I'd love a second one.[:(]
AKA - Smudge
mattpenfold

Post by mattpenfold »

Is it room to put two on your desk, because if you get monitors with VESA mounts, you can get a replacement stand that will allow you to mount two side by side (or 3, or 4 ...., depending on what you buy).
severe7

Post by severe7 »

Its seems I explained myself badly,what I'm requesting is the ability to view the database without starting command.exe.
The game itself takes an awful long time to load for me, even with a dedicated SSD (I have an old CPU and no money for a new one). The ability to move the DB window outside the main one or to another screen already exist.
ExMachina

Post by ExMachina »

Ah. Now I see what you mean. One thing to consider is that CMANO didn't always take so long to load (at least not for me)--I also run CMANO from an (internal) SSD and before build 446 start up times would take 10-15 seconds. However, build 446 and beyond take closer to a full minute to load.

So, rather than a separate DB viewer, I'd prefer to see if future versions can be tweaked to reduce the start up time.
smudge56

Post by smudge56 »

Yes it is desk space.

ORIGINAL: mattpenfold

Is it room to put two on your desk, because if you get monitors with VESA mounts, you can get a replacement stand that will allow you to mount two side by side (or 3, or 4 ...., depending on what you buy).
AKA - Smudge

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”