Ground unit morale

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

btd64

Ground unit morale

Post by btd64 »

Hello Generals and Admirals, Quick question, with, i'm sure, long answer.[:D] I'm in 8/7/42 and at Port Moresby I have the port Moresby brigade. the morale of this unit has not improved by much in the last 9 months of war. There is plenty of supply and air cover. My PT boats have kept the IJN from landing troops for over 5 months now. I don't however have a HQ at the port. Now that I think of it, I bet its an HQ problem. Yes or no???[&:] Any comments would be welcome.
Cheers
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
Bullwinkle58

RE: Ground unit morale

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: General Patton

Hello Generals and Admirals, Quick question, with, i'm sure, long answer.[:D] I'm in 8/7/42 and at Port Moresby I have the port Moresby brigade. the morale of this unit has not improved by much in the last 9 months of war. There is plenty of supply and air cover. My PT boats have kept the IJN from landing troops for over 5 months now. I don't however have a HQ at the port. Now that I think of it, I bet its an HQ problem. Yes or no???[&:] Any comments would be welcome.
Cheers

It's probably mostly a malaria problem. Supply and size are I think your two best moves.
The Moose
btd64

Post by btd64 »

Bullwinkle58, I did a little research and found that the leader inspiration and administrative skillight be part of it. I checked the leader skill levels and switched him out. also checked the HQ and did the same. Played two turns so far and no change. The malaria issue is possible I guess. Will play the next week or so and see. I wonder what the other units at the base have for numbers.
Cheers

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester

btd64

Post by btd64 »

Just checked the morale of the other units at the base. The 1st Aussie div is at 99 as are many others. the time spent at the base doesn't seem to be a factor. the other units run between 99 and 47. I'm going the send the Hq to the base and see what happens.[;)]
Cheers

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester

jcjordan

Post by jcjordan »

rest mode also helps, is disruption high as well?
Feltan

Post by Feltan »

I believe it is a militia unit.

Don't know the specific rules, but observation indicates that militia morale is fragile, and takes forever to recover.

Regards,
Feltan
btd64

Post by btd64 »

Thanks for the above replies.[:)] Yes it is millita unit but the 1st aussie has milita units as well and it is at 99. However, after 7 days have passed since the leader change and the morale has climbed 3 points. Also the fatige is 3 and the disruption is 0. Unit experience is around 61 if I remember correctly. So far it looks like the leader change did it. will play another 7 days and see what happens[;)]
Cheers
PS will see if rest helps also[:)]

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester

btd64

Post by btd64 »

Changing the leader to one with better inspiration and administration seems to have worked. After about 14 days the port moresby brigade has gone from a morale of 47 to 63.[8D] This is the largest jump this unit has experienced in the pasted 9 months.
Cheers

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester

Return to “The War Room”