Screen resolution

War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922-1930, from the team that brought you War in the Pacific.

Moderator: Tankerace

Hotschi

Screen resolution

Post by Hotschi »

Good morning everyone - is it possible to change the screen resolution in War Plan Orange? I tried the -px1440 -py0900 thing as in WitP-AE, but didn't work.
"A big butcher's bill is not necessarily evidence of good tactics"

- Wavell's reply to Churchill, after the latter complained about faint-heartedness, as he discovered that British casualties in the evacuation from Somaliland had been only 260 men.
kirk23

RE: Screen resolution

Post by kirk23 »

You could try right clicking on the Game shortcut on your desktop, and select properties.Select run in normal window, or click on the compatibility menu and change some settings in there, hope this helps.[;)]

Attachments
WarplanOr..olutions.jpg
WarplanOr..olutions.jpg (63.92 KiB) Viewed 103 times
Make it so!
SgtChaudart

Post by SgtChaudart »

You can use the shortcut which launch the game without the start menu (War Plan Orange.exe) then edit the properties like this :
"C:\Matrix Games\War Plan Orange\War Plan Orange.exe" -wd -px1400 -py900 ( " -wd" it's to play in windowed mode).
This works for me.
Hotschi

Post by Hotschi »

Thanks, tried your switsches which somehow work here; I get the higher resolution you use, but the game only displays the map on the left 66 percent of the monitor, the rest stays black. I have the odd feeling WPO doesn't support widescreens - correct?

Switches -w and -f both work, btw
"A big butcher's bill is not necessarily evidence of good tactics"

- Wavell's reply to Churchill, after the latter complained about faint-heartedness, as he discovered that British casualties in the evacuation from Somaliland had been only 260 men.

Return to “War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922 - 1930”