Loading Troops

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

darkman257

Loading Troops

Post by darkman257 »

Noob Alert
I've reviewed all the great beginners info but I am still having problems loading troops. I'm playing the Guadalcanal scenario. I've had several units planning objectives to reinforce Lunga and Port Moresby. They are at 100 percent and in Strategic Move Mode. I docked a Transport TF with 16350 troop load capacity, and a cargo load capacity of 30500. When I press load troops I only get options to load the air groups. What am I missing? I've had no problems running supply and fuel convoys. I was able to move one HQ and one Hvy AA unit, but none of the INF. Can someone help the new guy out. Great game.
Quixote

RE: Loading Troops

Post by Quixote »

Most of the Allied units in that scenario are restricted - identified by the (R) or [R] next to the name of the units' HQ. You will have to use Political Points to change the HQ of these units before you can transport them by ship. It works the same way in the campaign game as it does in scenarios - the game won't let you just pick up all the troops on your side and move them to Port Moresby on the first turn, even if you had the shipping available to do so.

Note that it works this way for both sides. Each side has units which are unrestricted (and can be moved freely anywhere) and units which need to be "bought out" first.

Editing to attach a picture which may make it easier to see.

Attachments
Guad Help.jpg
Guad Help.jpg (247.82 KiB) Viewed 22 times
darkman257

RE: Loading Troops

Post by darkman257 »

Bingo. Thanks very much.

Return to “Tech Support”