[FIXED B454] All radars on my ships turning on by themselves despite Parent setting

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Agathosdaimon

[FIXED B454] All radars on my ships turning on by themselves despite Parent setting

Post by Agathosdaimon »

Hi i am using build 446 and just trying to test out a scenario i made but when i go to set an ASWpatrol for some seakings from my CVN group, as soon as the mission editor screen comes up every ship and sub in the group turns its Radars to active - i cannot see any reason for this happening. Is there something i need to do when making a mission to avoid this as it can possibly give away the units too early and trigger enemy missions at the wrong time
Juramentado

RE: All radars on my ships turning on by themselves despite Parent setting

Post by Juramentado »

In the Mission Editor screen, for the assigned Mission - clear the box that says "Active Emissions only in Patrol Area" - that could override your EMCON settings.
Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

the radars switch on before i can even select that and being that i have not at that point even assigned anyone to the mission, this should not be happening - this may be a bug?
Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

i can attached the scenario if that helps - and then just set some ref points and go to make a ASW patrol mission - or any mission maybe and when the editor screen comes up instantly will all the radar emissions turn on.
Figeac

Post by Figeac »

Any time that you create an air patrol mission, it has an active/inherited radar EMCON by default, and so, it changes the side radar EMCON to active too by itself and you have to manually change it again if you want it to be passive (yes, this is a (serious) bug).
Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

okay, cool well that is definitely something which needs to be fixed asap as such a bug can ruin ones whole strategy in a scenario
RoryAndersonCDT

Post by RoryAndersonCDT »

I've noticed this bug a couple of times. What I currently do is turn off inheriting EMCON for my most important groups.
Command Dev Team
Technical Lead
MorningDew

Post by MorningDew »

That bug needs to be fixed. It really has a negative impact.
Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

ORIGINAL: Baloogan

I've noticed this bug a couple of times. What I currently do is turn off inheriting EMCON for my most important groups.

Hi, the emcon is set to be passive in its parent setting but this doesnt stop it. I think the only way to avoid may be to make missions only in frozen time and switch off the radar whhen my side turns theirs on automatically. I presume this will then not be detected by the ai, i hope
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

What kind of mission is it?

If a patrol mission do you have the active emissions only inside patrol area checked in the mission options?

Mike
Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

Hi, it is best if i post the file - this is a scenario i am making myself, based on a HUCE scenario - a simple carrier group mission to destroy a soviet iceland AB - around 60+ aircraft per side and with alot of freedom for the player to decide how to attack the airbase - though i havent worked out all the scenario event settings but am getting there and learning more and more.

Anyhoo, in the mission - this is what i have found and it is definitely a bug as the mission editor screen is actually altering by its default, my side EMCON parent settings. - so this is what you need to do to show up this bug

Firstly, if you check the Game settings Side ROE/Emcon you will see it is set to PASSIVE entirely

now using the 4 ref points, i go to CREATE NEW MISSION and i want to make an ASW mission - call it whatever doesnt matter

next when the Mission Editor screen comes up, before doing anything with the mission check the EMOCN setting from that window, it will show as set to ACTIVE as though it were the parent setting.

If you go and check the SIDE emcon in the Game menu now you will see that the EMCON for radar has changed to Active - as if the mission editor screen had the power to override this.

- this problem is much worse if you try to make a mission while the game time is running, as you then have no control to stop the side automatically turning on all its radars

i am using build 451 now too
thanks
Attachments
CuttheNo..CEbased.zip
(151.74 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Got it. Updated a similar report on 9-27 and added it to the Mike's list of things that bug players for D.

Mike
Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

okay great, thank you - it is a simple one to fix i hope - ie, the default in the mission should stay the same as the Parent setting and not be able change the Parent setting either.

what does "bug players for D" mean - what is D? just curious?
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

D= Dimitris. Our programmer.

I generally keep an additional list of bugs/requests that seem to be a priority based on player/poster input. Helps us nail things that really bug you guys.

M
Figeac

Post by Figeac »

Mykytyn,

The problem is: patrol missions have active radar EMCON by defalt AND "Inherit from parent" box checked. But if your side radar EMCON is passive, from where your mission EMCON is inheriting his active status? So the system automatically turns your side radar EMCON to active too to make things sense. And there you go, radiating like a flashlight in the dark and sending the position of ALL your assets to the enemy for free...
Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

I am glad i am not alone, i agree that it is serious in that it can basically ruin the whole scenario if you dont catch it out first.

does this bug repeat itself though? i made the mission and then went out and changed the side EMCON again back to passive and then went to mission editor and it was still passive - or perhaps if i go to make a new mission will it occur automatically again? - if it only happens the first time then i can just have the scenario start after making the correction, though this does not eliminate the bug in the system. I agree just to stop it altering the parent setting - this simply should not happen as it directly can impact on playing a scenario - any scenario perhaps
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Definitely not intentional and real sorry you think it was.

It will be addressed.

Thanks Guys!

Mike

Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

thank you for your reply on this one! very pleased that it will be fixed
- i didnt think it was intentional at all, perhaps just missed in the enormous scope of everything that the game is modelling

regards
Jorm

Post by Jorm »

how do you have build 446, my game says its 442 ?
Tomcat84

Post by Tomcat84 »

read this thread:

tm.asp?m=3447889

build 451 is in fact already available for public testing
My Scenarios and Tutorials for Command

(Scenarios focus on air-warfare :) )

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”