feature request: eta time to waypoint

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

lamontgoff

feature request: eta time to waypoint

Post by lamontgoff »

Hello all,

First, let me just say this is an excellent game, the team obviously cares a great deal about their product. All the feedback and update from the devs is greatly appreciated.

After playing through a couple of scenarios, a feature I think might be helpful is a tooltip or something that showed ETA at each waypoint (at your current speed) when you hovered over the waypoint with your mouse.

Anyway, thanks again for a great game.
airwinger63

RE: feature request: eta time to waypoint

Post by airwinger63 »

+1 sounds like a nice feature to have..

Airwinger63
IYAOYAS

If You Ain't Ordnance You Ain't Shit.
SSN754planker

Post by SSN754planker »

Good suggestion! And one I believe is already in the works. There is talk of advanced mission editing tools coming in a patch. Such as speed/altitude adjustments for each waypoint. A natural addition to this would be an ETA clock. Or even better a Time on Target so you get maximum effects on a strike. (by overwhelming defenses)
MY BOOK LIST
ST1/SS SSN 754
Bedrock

Post by Bedrock »

I remember reading somewhere in a distant build roll that the Time over target and detailed mission planning was seriously being looked at for future release. Adding the Altitude/Speed edit for waypoints is winning the 'what would you like next poll'.

I would also like to see a posture change trigger so sides can suddenly become hostile by timing or trigger/event. think of a scenario where a hostile side suddenly goes neutral at a certain time because 'onshore' Diplomacy actually worked. great for creating deep scenarios with story plot.
"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The Leader adjusts the sails." -John Maxwell

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”