[FIXED B452] Game crash - memory problem ?

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Metabaron

[FIXED B452] Game crash - memory problem ?

Post by Metabaron »

Hi there, I got constant freezes and game crashes with all scenarios I've tried so far except "Stand up 2011", "Battle of Chumonchin Chan 1950", "Operation Lion's Den" and the 3 tutorials.
I've attached a screenshot with the error message saying that I have not enough RAM...

My system is a bit special (seven 64, P8Z77WS, 3770K@4.5Ghz, 8Gb pc3-17000, xfire HD7970 with 13.11v1 beta drivers in 5760x1200 resolution) but this is the only game crashing like that. GPUZ says only 300Mb dedicated vram used and Windows says not even 46% of my system ram is in use .
I've tried looking in this sub forum but saw nothing regarding this matter so far.
I uninstalled and reinstalled the game in B446 version on my M4 SSD without any additional mods but still the same trouble.
Is this a high resolution memory leak kind of problem ? Will try on my old M17R3 laptop in 1920x1080 but any help would be much appreciated.

Attachments
ScreenShot001.jpg
ScreenShot001.jpg (337.29 KiB) Viewed 29 times
mikmykWS

RE: Game crash - memory problem ?

Post by mikmykWS »

If you would go into your prerequisites folder and reinstall both Direct x and .net.

Instructions:

If you installed everything by default

C:\Matrix Games\Command Modern Air Naval Operations\PreRequisites

Run dotNetFx45_Full_setup

Then go here:

C:\Matrix Games\Command Modern Air Naval Operations\PreRequisites\directx_mar2009_redist

Run DXSETUP.exe
Metabaron

Post by Metabaron »

Hi mikmyk, clever advice [:D]...
I've run the DXsetup.exe and so far I could play the "Canary Cage" much longer than usual [&o][&o]
I did not run the .net setup as I got messages saying my versions are more recent.
I will get back here in case my problem reappears.
Thanks [8D]
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Thanks! This has been fixed (hopefully) for good in Build 452.
Metabaron

Post by Metabaron »

Thanks [8D]
It seems to be a bit of a random trouble.
I got "Canary Cage" running for a while, saved it after 2 hours trouble free, reloaded the saved scenario 1 day later and got the same kind of crash after 10mns of play( and forgot to take a screenshot ).
I rebooted the rig and was then able to play the same saved scenario for 5hours [:D] ...just enough time to sink 6 ships, get rid of 26 fighters, 3 E2C, 12 helos, all for the cost of 3 Hornets, 3 Sea Harriers and 1 helo [&o][&o]
I will need to setup my alarm clock everytime I start this game if I want to keep some social life [;)]
Renato

Post by Renato »

I never succeeded in finishing "Canary Cage"; when it locks up every mission is destroyed!

Return to “Tech Support”